Search: Posts made by: Hilton
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 21st 09, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
Missed Approaches and Currency

Robert M. Gary wrote:
In the famous Lynch FAQ that all the FDSO's have sitting
on their desk John asserts that you can *ONLY* log an actual approach
if you are IMC from the IAF down to the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 6th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
iPhone weather, approach charts, A/FD, etc...

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
Hilton wrote:
Hi,

In addition to our WingX products for Windows Mobile and BlackBerry, we
put
together a free iPhone web app. Feel free to use, share,...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
iPhone weather, approach charts, A/FD, etc...

Hi,

In addition to our WingX products for Windows Mobile and BlackBerry, we put
together a free iPhone web app. Feel free to use, share, etc. Let me know
how we can improve it. We'll be adding...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 6th 08, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
I've had it.

Bob Gardner wrote:
I hate cross-posting, but just this once I will give in to the temptation.
The rec.aviation newsgroups have become useless. There is very little
"meat" in the...
Forum: Piloting June 6th 08, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
I've had it.

Bob Gardner wrote:
I hate cross-posting, but just this once I will give in to the temptation.
The rec.aviation newsgroups have become useless. There is very little
"meat" in the...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
CFI oral intel

Michael Ash wrote:
Hilton wrote:
Michael Ash wrote:
In a steady *spiral* dive the wing loading will be determined by your
bank
angle.

Can you prove that? (mathematically or...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 08, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
CFI oral intel

Michael Ash wrote:
In a steady *spiral* dive the wing loading will be determined by your bank
angle.

Can you prove that? (mathematically or non-mathematically)

Hilton
Forum: Piloting June 4th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
CFI oral intel

Michael wrote:
I recall one particular sad incident where a Pilatus Porter dropping
jumpers lost the yoke - it literally came off in the pilot's hands.
The pilot elected to bail out (which was,...
Forum: Piloting June 2nd 08, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
CFI oral intel

Dudley wrote:
Any phugoid in pitch and the time line of that Phugoid will be directly
associated with the dynamic stability of that specific aircraft in pitch.

Whenever I see the word "phugoid"...
Forum: Piloting May 30th 08, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
CFI oral intel

Everyone who has replied has made one significant and incorrect assumption.
I would have replied, "Really really fast, yellow arc at least, perhaps at
or above Vne depending on the aircraft."

Why?...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules May 21st 08, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
ILS approach and VOR Alpha Approach video

I just found it visually easier to interpret the attitude of the plane
using the VSI needle.

If you're doing this in IMC, I hope you have an IVSI.

Hilton
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules May 10th 08, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
Tolerances - Published Minimum Altitudes

John,

Not really answering your question, but note that descending below DH is (by
definition if you think about it) legal even if you see absolutely nothing.
MDA means don't go below this...
Forum: Piloting May 9th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
Traverse Air Inc. In Traverse City, MI

Jim,

Terry recently sold NorCal to Ned. Sad news...

http://nedsnyderlives.blogspot.com

Hilton
Forum: Piloting May 8th 08, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
Traverse Air Inc. In Traverse City, MI

Jim,

http://hiltonswebsite.com/Aviation/SeaplaneMultiEngine

I don't remember how much I paid.

Hilton

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules May 5th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
In (or over) the rainbow

....but something you may want to verify before making a descent/no-descent
decision (i.e. having it in your IFR toolkit). I'm just saying...

Hilton

wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting May 2nd 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
Help With My training

Actually SQL is a busy, yet not busy airport; i.e. you taxi to the runway
and you're flying pretty shortly after that. I did my CMEL at SQL and I
don't recall any long waits. The tower guys are...
Forum: Piloting April 26th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
Lancair crash at SnF

Hi,

OK, too much noise here, let's just refrain from replying to personal
attacks shall we.

Anyway, speed is the magnitude of the velocity vector. In a constant speed
turn, speed is (obviously)...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules April 21st 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
Pirep: Garmin Pilot My-Cast

Hi all,

Two others you might want to take a look at:

WingX: http://www.hiltonsoftware.com
Jeppesen Mobile: http://jeppesen.com/mobile - New! Announced at Sun-n-Fun
2008

IMHO, these are a lot...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 30th 08, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
Confusing instructions from ATC.. looking for a concise response

Terence wrote:
When a transmission is garbled I'm used to saying "say again", but I
was wondering what to say when a transmission comes through in the
clear, but doesn't make much sense (to...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 22nd 08, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
Time to medical help

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Mike writes:

Several years back I was on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando on a B-757.
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 20th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
Time to medical help

Robert, Dave,

Thank you for your info, I'll pass that along. She has three daughters,
first is allergic to sesame seeds, second to nuts, and third to dairy!

Oh, and she's severely afraid of...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 19th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
Time to medical help

Hi,

I have a question from a friend. Her daughters have nut allergies. She
wants to know how long it takes from cruise (41K?) to a gate from the time
they notify the crew of a medical emergency...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 8th 08, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Hilton
GDL69A or GPS 496?

How was dinner?

"Jay Maynard" wrote in message
I flew with my boss for steak at Harris Ranch last night in his...
Forum: Piloting February 7th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
Why airplanes fly

Dudley wrote:
This not only denies Welsh his credit due, but will eventually, as history
sorts it all out, blot the life of Yeager as well.

IMHO, Yaeger's life is already blotted after what he...
Forum: Owning January 3rd 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Hilton
flaps again

Roy Smith wrote:
Hilton wrote:

I was in the pattern at night with a student in a C172 at RHV and we had
total electrical failure. No lights, no flaps, ... I had him hold a