Search: Posts made by: A Guy Called Tyketto
Forum: Piloting April 24th 12, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
For Anyone Using the LiveATC iPad APP; Question ?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Just downloaded the LiveATC APP for my new iPad.
Really nice.

There does not seem to be any Contact link for questions, so thought I
Forum: Piloting April 22nd 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
iPad Radio APP's ?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Looked, but couldn't seem to find any.

Might anyone know of any free (or inexpensive) iPad APPs that would
enable one to hear Tower and...
Forum: Piloting November 30th 10, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chicago's plans for Northerly Island?

JG wrote:
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/theskyline/2010/11/northerly-island-plans-to-be-presented-thursday.html

Forum: Piloting November 5th 10, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Qantas grounds its A380fleet

a wrote:
Not good news.

One had an engine failure on take off. See this:

Forum: Piloting November 1st 10, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
studying aviation

fernando borderas wrote:

I have look for some schools such as Phoenix East Aviation, Embry
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 5th 10, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

DON'T BELIEVE ME, LOOK IT UP.

Rest assured, I do not believe you, in part...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 10, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Forgot to mention something here. My point, Anthony, is that
you go into this with the assumption that you will hear a response back
from ATC. If you...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 10, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Mxsmanic wrote:

Suppose I want to transit a Class B under VFR to save time. All I have to do
is call up ATC before entering...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 10, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Mxsmanic wrote:
A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

You miss the point again. ATC does *NOT* have to reply to you
at all,...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 2nd 10, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Mxsmanic wrote:
A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

That's exactly my point. If ATC tells you 'remain outside of
Class Bravo...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 2nd 10, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

This is incorrect. You forget to take into account that ATC
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 1st 10, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

WRONG. I DO WHAT ATC WANTS.

If ATC doesn't give you any instructions, it is...
Forum: Piloting September 5th 10, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FAA Medical Question

Mxsmanic wrote:
A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

And this would be HYPERglycemia, not HYPOglycemia. The former
is higher...
Forum: Piloting September 4th 10, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FAA Medical Question

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

No ****, then why did you babble on about diagnosis and observations?
Forum: Piloting March 7th 10, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On air conversation about JFK controller - Video

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

WHAT FACTS DO YOU BASE MOTIVATION of the ATC controller on?

Facts? None of...
Forum: Piloting March 7th 10, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On air conversation about JFK controller - Video

Mxsmanic wrote:
A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

The same exact thing you said about the person who talked that
scared...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 20th 10, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
vfr on top

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
On Feb 15, 4:21?am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Myname writes:
What are the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 20th 10, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
vfr on top

Mxsmanic wrote:
A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

You can already do that with VFR w/flight following.

Not if you have to...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 20th 10, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
vfr on top

Mxsmanic wrote:
Myname writes:

What are the advantages of vfr-on-top in the real world? I understand the
ifr to...
Forum: Piloting August 11th 09, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Question: Elevation --- RWY

bod43 wrote:

Here is one where you land uphill and takeoff
downhill - everytime.

Forum: Piloting June 21st 09, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
KGCN to possibly close

Subject says it all, and it may be time for any of you AOPA
members to get the word out, especially if you live in Arizona. Right
now, from the story,...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 30th 09, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
KPAE ILS...Now Requires DME...Why?

blackboxman wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:29?pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 24th 09, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
LAS approaches

Ron Garret wrote:
Some questions about flying to LAS:

1. The RNAV RWY 1R (http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0903/00662R1R.PDF)...
Forum: Piloting February 23rd 09, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sad day for Mxsmanic

wrote:

Yep, all the software for DOS and an EGA display, not to mention the
Apple II stuff is still running, assuming...
Forum: Piloting December 23rd 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Meeting A Goose at 11,000 Ft.

In rec.aviation.piloting Monk wrote:
I just received these images from a fellow pilot. Good thing there
wasn't a copilot in...