Next glider, ownership costs question? by flgliderpilot[_2_]
Low time pilot, 60hrs, have done some solo cross country flying but not a lot. Sold my 1-26E a few years ago (not by choice, business debt at the time). My first thought is to jump into another 1-26 or 1-34 for a number of reasons (safety and availability). I could land my 1-26 just about...
by krasw Go to last post
22 74 Soaring
Fatality in NZ South Island regionals :-( by Bruce Hoult
Name not yet released, but there can't be many highly experienced Aussies from Melbourne competing. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/99113141/police-responding-to-crashed-glider-near-lake-hwea Contestant list is...
Today 11:25 AM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
4 52 Soaring
Best Path to Race by Jeff Morgan
After a 12 year soaring hiatus to advance my airline career, I am back in. I rejoined my old club and got a flight review, and am happy to report the passion is still there. However, I am at a crossroads, much like before. Our club is all metal ships. Between that and the club time limit per...
Today 11:20 AM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
3 13 Soaring
Wanted Becker AR3201 schematic or non-functioning radio by Hartley Falbaum[_2_]
I have a Becker 3201 that won't power up. Looking to repair or replace the circuit board containing the battery. s/n 11,000 + Not worth sending to repair shop. I have replaced it with used 3201 but would like to have spare if possible. Thanks Hartley Falbaum hfalbaum at comcast dot net
Rotax 915 iS. So ... how much is it? by [email protected]
Rotax is on track to certify and begin deliveries of its 915 iS engine in 2017, the company said. “We’ve got pretty good experience with these engines,” said Marc Becker, head of aviation engines for Rotax, whose four-cylinder models have logged more than 50 million flight hours. “We think...
1 155 Piloting