17.6 meter tips for Ventus C ? by Matt Herron (Sr)
I just returned from the LAK factory in Lithuania where I discovered to my great surprise my former Ventus C (22 Tango) fully restored and ready to fly. The new owner, Martynas Bykovas would like to find a pair of 17.6 meter tips to enhance his soaring in the mild lift conditions prevalent in...
Today 05:49 AM
by Tango Whisky Go to last post
1 21 Soaring
Greatful for this group by Jonathan St. Cloud
A few nights ago I stumbled into a conversation on FB Tail Draggers Unit. The question was as simple as it gets: Airspeed, controlled by power or pitch? I know simple, but there so many that were sure the answer was power or a combination of power and pitch. Some thought power controlled speed...
Today 04:38 AM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
8 26 Soaring
ASW-19 Maximum Weight by Ouroboros
Hello. I'm looking for a sailplane with my partner and we've come across a very nice ASW-19 that we are interested in. The aircraft has a maximum pilot weight of 196 pounds, which my partner just barely squeaks under with a parachute and will probably be over with drinking water and any other...
by Ouroboros Go to last post
24 94 Soaring
Cheaper tows? by Tony[_5_]
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/07/cng-airplane/ could be perfect for a club towplane since we fuel up at the club field 99.9% of the time.
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
32 427 Soaring
How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
Today 12:25 AM
by SF Go to last post
9 41 Soaring
Diamant spares in the US by [email protected]
Some time ago Mike Mallis posted a part out on a 16.5 on behalf of a lien holder, this included a spar stub modification kit produced by FFA. A bit of a long shot but does anyone know where this kit ended up? Any contact details for Mike appreciated and also for Dan Pearson who I understand...
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage by Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
Pictures and process for refinishing a ventus b fuselage. Work in progress pictures and process as work is completed. http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm Richard www.craggyaero.com
FS: SZD 48-1 Jantar Standard 2 by Ben Kairys
About to be posted on Wings and Wheels...1980 SZD 48-1 Jantar Standard 2 . Ready to fly with fresh Condition Inspection. Ship Equipped with a Micro Air 760 radio, Cambridge 302/303 Vario/logger/Nav, ELT, oxygen system and 2 good batteries with charger. Original paint finish in good shape overall....
Yesterday 03:16 PM
by Ben Kairys Go to last post