Landout at Class C or D tower-controlled airport? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I've done thousands of landings in all kinds of airplanes at tower-controlled airports (now called Class B, C and D), but I've never seen a glider land at one. Does ATC frown upon this (unless one declares an emergency in which case you have a new problem) or to they take this in stride...
by Tango Whisky Go to last post
20 70 Soaring
AOA indicator poll. by Luc Job
Hi! I have developed last year a solid-state AOA indicator, based on a differential pressure measurement (total pressure/pressure at angle) Undoubtedly, this is a primary flight instrument to me: -It shows where you are aerodynamically speaking, independently of all the variable parameters:...
PowerFlarm still picking up Transponder by Rob Cluxton[_2_]
After previous advice on here, I reconfigured my PowerFlarm via the .configtxt file. I am now seeing ADS-B traffic (definitely need to lower the altitude and distance parameters) but when I run my own transponder in ALT mode it’s still picking up traffic at 12 o’clock, .6 miles and around my...
For Sale: Naviter Oudie IGC - like new by Jamie Shore
For Sale on eBay - see link below All communication will be handled through eBay system. More than $1,150 to buy a new Oudie IGC while this one is like new. About 1..5 years old and never used in an aircraft - never left the office. This Oudie IGC is like new condition with about three hours of...
Today 01:08 AM
by Jamie Shore Go to last post
9 65 Soaring
How About Story Time by [email protected]
Maybe this is a good opportunity for some of us to share some stories of our experiences. I'll go first.- During the regional at Harris Hill in 2013 I was flying K21 with grandson Calvin Mampe, Rachel Conklin, and her sister Michelle. All 3 had flown multiple contests with me before, 2 having...
by Neal Alders Go to last post
102 979 Soaring
Private airport or small field for landout? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I'm a former cfi-i/mei and commercial glider pilot, but I've never gone cross-country in my PW-5 glider. Training up for it though. A question: If you are in an area where the fields are small, but there are several private airfields around, which should be your priority? Seems to me...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
62 149 Soaring
RAFGSA Bicester by [email protected]
On Thursday, January 16, 2003 at 6:37:22 PM UTC-5, Whitson Bush wrote: Just wondering how many of us have flown at Bicester and when. Whitson, I learned to fly at Bicester, while at Heyford 83-85. You were also a Tug pilot, and Terry Joint was CFI. I left Bicester as a TSgt (462) to attend...
K2 battery endurance by John Silverberg
Hi, I'm hoping someone with experience with K2 batteries can help determine if mine are due for replacement. I have dual K2 batteries wired in parallel to supply avionics power. I have an LX9000, S8 and V8 varios, trig transponder, FLARM core, and becker com radio running off them. I'm not sure...
SCHWEIZER 1-26 or 1-35 by Morris Carter
need outrigger with wheel.
Yesterday 02:57 PM
by Morris Carter Go to last post
3 37 Soaring
Problem with OLC Saturday 5-30? by Waveguru
When I pull up OLC I'm getting a bunch of zero scores. Is it me? Boggs
Yesterday 01:45 PM
by Roy B. Go to last post