Recommended configuration: ADS-B receiver, iPad, software? by [email protected]
Christmas is coming. Any suggested combinations? I currently have a ClearNav II (in a tunnel). Will probably be upgrading the transponder to a Trig 22 in the not too distant future. I am concerned about iPad legibility in sunlight. Is that an issue? Is there another tablet with markedly...
Today 02:38 AM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
3 14 Soaring
Glider Simulator Training at the USAFA by [email protected]
In the summer of 2018, the United States Air Force Academy began using Mach 0.1 Simulated Glider Cockpits as part of their "Glider Airmanship" course. The data collected from the course shows that the solo rate for students who completed the course in 2018 was more than double the solo rate of the...
by Giaco Go to last post
16 67 Soaring
What is the best point to jack up a Cobra Trailer ? by [email protected]
I changed a wheel in my Cobra trailer with the glider inside. I located the Jack just under the corner between the bottom and side wall, next to the fender. Looked flimsy, but held fine, no bending of wall or edge. Was I lucky or is this the right place to do it ? Dan
by AS Go to last post
21 158 Soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders by [email protected]
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders: Poland is a beautiful country, especially in early September. The purpose of this trip was to meet CEO Jerzy Peszke and tour the GP Gliders facility. The operation recently moved to Korczyna (2.5 miles NW of Krosno). The original airport building was too...
For Sale by [email protected]
2 LS-4, LS-6 tail skids. One with wheel. One without. 803-374-7400
Which 18m FES sailplane to buy? by [email protected]
I'm considering the purchase of an 18m FES equipped sailplane, and would like to hear thoughts and opinions about the various options available. I'm seeking a cross country machine with long legs and a highly reliable sustainer. An 18m FES sailplane should fit that requirement nicely. I'm a...
60 5,311 Soaring
Soaring Clubs in South GA, AL by [email protected]
Southern Eagles Soaring has moved to Roosevelt Memorial Airport (5A9). Check their website: www.southerneaglessoaring.com
iGlide loses saved routes by [email protected]
I’ve need flying with iGlide on an iPad mini 4 for a couple years now. It’s really good, but it has an annoying feature of losing all of the saved routes every couple of months. I usually happens right after I’ve entered a long route. It’s frustrating. I enter a new round with 6...
Yesterday 06:10 PM
by jfitch Go to last post