Search: Posts made by: ContestID67
Forum: Soaring September 8th 09, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
We were unable to post your message?

Please excuse this post. I am unable to post the following message to
"Blew off my hatch" from Google Groups. I keep getting a "We were
unable to post your message". No other message or help. I...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Flying Car: London to Timbuktu

Flying car. Bah. It's a power parachute. Instead of the normal PP
"fuselage" they are using a dune buggy. I guess if they get stuck in
the middle of nowhere, or the chute breaks, they can still...
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 09, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Peeing in a condom catheter with a leg bag.

I put together a how-to web site which you might find interesting.
Any comments/corrections/complaints are appreciated.

http://derosaweb.net/aviation/relief

Regards, John "My $0.02" DeRosa
Forum: Soaring December 23rd 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Soaring Seminar Feb 21 2009 Chicago, IL

Full Details http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar

Overview
-------------
The ChicagoLand Glider Council is sponsoring a day long spring soaring
and safety seminar open to all soaring...
Forum: Soaring December 17th 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
North-Up versus Direction-Up?

On Dec 17, 10:40 am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi John,

I talk to a lot of U.S. glider pilots about soaring software. Most
(including myself) seem to prefer track up when cruising...
Forum: Soaring December 17th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
North-Up versus Direction-Up?

It is winter here and the only soaring we are doing in Chicago is in
the hangar . During an energetic discussion on the pros and cons of
various soaring programs, I mentioned I fly "Direction-Up",...
Forum: Soaring December 14th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Homemade US Sectional Charts for SeeYou

Lynn,

Thanks for doing this. Great stuff.

- John
Forum: Soaring December 9th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Fuses in general

Fred had some really great thoughts. One thing to add.

Fast blow versus slow blow? Slow blow seems like the easy way to
helping to prevent blown fuses. Slow blow (slo-blo) fuses were
created to...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Parachute 20 year limit

On Dec 5, 5:57*pm, "HL Falbaum" wrote:

My question thus is---what do y'all think if you have to jump, partially
incapacitated, but able to get out and pull the...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Steve Fossett

Yeah, I was disappointed also. There was far too much time spent
going over the same details again and again. I was left with the
feeling that they didn't have enough material for an entire hour. ...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 08, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Is it ever just "plug and play"?

You can generally buy a what-ever-you-have-on-your-car to a what-ever-
you-have-on-your -trailer adapter at trailer stores. At least from
the car to a four-flat system.

A few suggestions if you...
Forum: Soaring November 26th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
DG-200 & DG-300 POH

On Nov 25, 6:30*pm, Andrew Warbrick
wrote:
DG have a "robots.txt" file on their website which stops the wayback
machine serving any of their old web...
Forum: Soaring November 26th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Steve Fossett

It will also be on the regular Discovery channel too. The trailer for
the documentary shows the crash site and a closeup of Fossett's SSA
card.
Forum: Soaring November 25th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Crazy Glider Videos

Here are some YouTube videos all entitled "Crazy Glider" (or
variations).

Now, why can't we have an SSA party like...
Forum: Soaring November 25th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
SPOT Versus PLB - The Presentation

It appears that the Google interface to RAS is causing some problems
for the first time that I can remember.

Sometimes it is using my correct email account (johnatderosaweb.com)
for posting and...
Forum: Soaring November 25th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
DG-200 & DG-300 POH

On Nov 24, 7:44*am, wrote:
Here are the links.

Technical notes:http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/Data/TN-DG/
Service info:http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/service-infos-e.html
Forum: Soaring November 19th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Perpetual Motion Attained

On Nov 17, 12:45*pm, Nyal Williams wrote:
But you'll never be able to find *a thermal; while you are in sink the
cats will be screaming "Can I has cheeseburger" and...
Forum: Soaring November 12th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
LS-3/17m Johnson report

Here is the direct link. Note that you have to be a member to
download the file.

http://ssa.org/members/johnson/fileserve.asp?file=33-1980-06.pdf
Forum: Soaring November 8th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Science Channel - How It's Made - Gliders

This is episode 11 which is broadcasted on;

Nov 14, 9:00PM EST
Nov 15, 12AM EST
Nov 15, 4:00PM EST
Nov 16, 4:00 am EST
Nov 16, 5:00 pm EST
Nov 17, 4:00 pm EST

Hopefully this isn't about "front...
Forum: Soaring November 7th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Winter project, tow out gear - wing wheel

Looks like "BrianDG303" came up with the reference I spoke of.
Thanks.

The question still stands, is it ok for every glider or just
DG's? ;-)

- John DeRosa
Forum: Soaring November 7th 08, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Winter project, tow out gear - wing wheel

On Nov 6, 8:16*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:

...Thats why you NEVER push a glider by its wingtips.

I have seen the question of if it is OK to pull/push by the...
Forum: Soaring November 6th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Hang Gliding Documentary "Big Blue Sky"

Another "Big Blue Sky" trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1pcgyjHCf0&feature=related
Forum: Soaring November 5th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Hang Gliding Documentary "Big Blue Sky"

Looks interesting but (it might be just me) the quicktime video only
plays half way through and then stops.

Also, there is another DVD on the same web site called "Out and Return
- A day in the life...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Variometers for other Soaring Sports

See http://www.flyaboveall.com for a whole collection of vario related
items intended for the non-glider crowd.
Forum: Soaring November 4th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ContestID67
Variometers for other Soaring Sports

Thanks to everyone who commented. I especially appreciated Ron's
comments from the "other side" of soaring.

Cats mentioned the need for TE, etc. Yes, that is true. I envision
that the...