Barographs? by Tony[_5_]
Anyone have a Barograph or two sitting on a shelf collecting dust? I would like to put one or two of these relics back into service generating FAI Badges. Replogle preferred as that is what I have experience with, however I'll consider any other model. Thanks! Tony
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
33 1,834 Soaring
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by Mike Brooks Go to last post
62 193 Soaring
An opportunity for people from our demographic to contribute by son_of_flubber
Here is a way to do something about the impact of Covid-19 on Soaring. COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) Volunteer Screening Registry is the way to connect volunteers to practical studies related Covid-19. For example, volunteers, especially older volunteers are sorely needed for Phase III...
Yesterday 06:08 PM
by Gregg Ballou[_2_] Go to last post
9 32 Soaring
Wave NM/CO by Gary Osoba[_4_]
Big mountain wave forecasted for NM & CO today with 50-60 knots aloft. Dan Mockler will be trying to do an O&R from Moriarty, NM to Vail, CO and back. All VFR under 18,000' and it will be tricky. You can follow progress at this link starting around 9am MDST: ...
Yesterday 04:49 PM
by Gary Osoba[_4_] Go to last post
1 14 Soaring
Composite tool review by [email protected]
I am thinking about upgrading my composite repair game. Does anyone have experience with these...
Yesterday 03:41 PM
by John Sinclair[_5_] Go to last post
3 25 Soaring
New alpine soaring video on YouTube by Christopher FLEMING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w4okrE4xfc An ASH 31 Mi starts off by scraping the rocks low in the valleys, then climbs up above the highest peaks in the Southern French Alps. Fantastic video!
Yesterday 02:09 PM
by kinsell Go to last post