How does my 1918 German barograph work? (Replogle mechanical drum) by Charles Gosse
I have a 1918 German barograph, photos are at the URL below. It appears complete but I do not know how to make it work. Apparently it has to be wound-up. I also have a photo of the underside of the metal tray, if you need to see that. https://www.aeroconservancy.com/flugzeug
Today 07:56 PM
by Charles Gosse Go to last post
4 19 Soaring
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by Doug B[_2_] Go to last post
157 484 Soaring
Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
34 118 Soaring
Promoting Soaring (Among Women) | Kudos MASA! by [email protected]
Many of us were deeply disappointed with a recent post on RAS with respect to women. I felt it was very counterproductive to the goals and desires of many people to promote soaring. Instead of engaging in that sad discussion, I reflected on some of my experiences surveying clubs in my region and...
Today 02:03 PM
by John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Go to last post
3 24 Soaring
Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots by Nathan Lemmon
If you're trying to restore your Libelle to original configuration, you might need a SOLLFAHRTGEBER. I have one that is available for sale. If you are interested, email me and I'll send you some photos.
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post