Add-on have to take the Knowledge test? by jp
As I interpret 14 CFR 61.63 (Additional aircraft ratings ...), particularly this part, an applicant for a category add-on rating: (4) Need not take an additional knowledge test, provided the applicant holds an airplane, rotorcraft, powered-lift, weight-shift-control aircraft, powered parachute, or...
Today 06:22 AM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
3 18 Soaring
Is teflon safe to use under mylar tape wing seals? by Tom BravoMike
I have applied some teflon spray with a brush into the canopy sliding window rails with good result. Now I'm wondering whether I could use it in the same way under the mylar tape on the wings to reduce friction and ease forces on the ailerons. Any thoughts if and how it reacts with gelcoat/glass...
Today 05:27 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
1 10 Soaring
One Degree of Separation by Jonathan St. Cloud
While not technically a soaring story it is aviation. I thought the group could use some fun from a real story and whom among us hasn't given a ride to someone we wished we hadn't. One Degree of Separation Full disclosure, this is a true story, but with plausible deniability and to protect me...
Today 03:09 AM
by Steve Bralla Go to last post
5 45 Soaring
Dittel KRT2 disfunction by okko kloosterman
Last week, after a few months of proper functioning, the new KRT2 radio I have installed this spring suddenly stopped transmitting. Pressing the PTT button makes it send a carrier wave, but without any modulation. The receiving section is OK, though. Anyone run into the same problem? Any hints...
Leader of the free world by Jim White[_3_]
US to pull out of WHO permanently. Abstention is no way to demonstrate leadership. God help us all No doubt this post will be deleted as politically incorrect....
by Steve Bralla Go to last post
27 78 Soaring
Cleaning seat belt materials by AS
Hi all - does anyone have any experience with cleaning seat belt webbing? I can remove the buckles from the webbing and was wondering if this material can be washed using a mild detergent like Woollite or similar. Uli 'AS'
Today 02:39 AM
by Bob Kuykendall Go to last post
3 42 Soaring
liability insurance by Morris Carter
Any ideas on liability insurance for older pilots that can't get glider insurance.
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
16 102 Soaring
Pegase question by [email protected]
My glider used to have a panel behind the spars which meant nothing could fall into the fuselage and foul the aileron & air brake connections. We have no idea when it was lost, but it's not there now. We want to make a replacement, but the easiest and IMHO best way to fix it safely is using the...
Yesterday 09:39 PM
by quietpilot Go to last post
3 48 Soaring
Wood glider outdoor storage by Sky Surfer
Random question (kinda): Can an all-wood homebuilt glider be tied down outside year-round in a dry climate (e.g., Colorado) and be weather-protected by padded covers? The glider's plywood skin is covered by a layer of thin fiberglass, then painted. I guess I'm asking for actual experience or...
Yesterday 08:10 PM
by Sky Surfer Go to last post
9 68 Soaring
GREAT fun and scenic flight by Joe Bostic by Bob T
Joe Bostic had the opportunity and pleasure yesterday to fly toward Durango and over Silverton and Telluride on a flight from Moriarty, getting to see the color and grandeur of the San Juan mountains many of us in SW Colorado used to view almost daily when flying from the now closed down Val Air...
Yesterday 06:42 PM
by 3C Go to last post
3 35 Soaring
JS3 Solo Electric Self-Launch by Dee[_2_]
Anyone know what the real-world wait time for delivery of one of these is?
Yesterday 05:56 PM
by Dee[_2_] Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate by son_of_flubber
I searched and did not find that this topic was already posted on RAS. Here's the video that documents the infraction https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QwK9wu8Cxeo&feature=emb_logo Here's Bruno's recent comment: 2 weeks ago Update 10 months later: I uploaded this video and 4 days...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
52 301 Soaring
Grob 103 Twin II ACRO For Sale... Asking $20k OBO. by Christopher Schrader[_2_]
Grob 103 Twin II ACRO for Sale, Asking $20k OBO. This 2-seat medium-performance trainer is battle tested but Airworthy! This glider recently had an annual inspection and flies every weekend. ~10,740 hrs TT. Useful Load: ~365 lbs. Owned and Operated by Sandhill Soaring Club, in Southeast Michigan...
Yesterday 01:02 PM
by Christopher Schrader[_2_] Go to last post