Forum: Piloting February 17th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 16, 8:31 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

If it is subordinate, then it cannot necessarily do all that the Administrator
can do. QED.

If delegated by the Administrator, ATC...
Forum: Piloting February 17th 08, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 16, 4:58 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I am cognizant of the actual text of the regulations, in which a distinction
between the Administrator and ATC is unambiguously...
Forum: Piloting February 16th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 15, 11:22 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Any possibility the Administrator has delegated it internally within
FAA?

The regulations (including this one) make a clear...
Forum: Piloting February 16th 08, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 15, 9:21 pm, wrote:

Nope

Yup:

91.117 Aircraft speed.

(a) Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator...
Forum: Piloting January 31st 08, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
How did KPHX Class B get so screwed up?

On Jan 31, 12:33 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Anyone with a relatively cheap GPS will be able to navigate this just
fine. This is a non-issue.

How much does a GPS certified...
Forum: Piloting January 13th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FAA user fees

On Jan 12, 11:41 am, (Scott) wrote:

What if ATC fees were limited to revenue flights, regardless of engine type?
Would dual instruction flights be included?

FAA has never...
Forum: Piloting September 20th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
787 Story by Dan Rather

On Sep 20, 11:59 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

My major concern about the 787 is that so little of it is actually produced by
Boeing, and is actually farmed out to all sorts of...
Forum: Piloting September 12th 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
What GA needs

On Sep 12, 1:06 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

It's easier to become a lawyer than it is to become a pilot, and in some
respects it's easier to become a doctor as well.

An amazingly...
Forum: Piloting September 11th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
What GA needs

As I look at a high-school parking lot, there's so many cars I and
friends in "my day" would not be seen dead in. If this translates to
airplanes, yoots today may not be interested in this kind...
Forum: Piloting August 10th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Turboprops exempt...oh boy!!!

We really can't assume that the Senator composed and sent the email.
That's why they have staff.

Fred F.
Forum: Piloting August 8th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Oshkosh '07 - The Numbers

On Aug 6, 9:23 pm, "Kyle Boatright" wrote:

Registration earnings probably don't reflect attendance. They probably
reflect campsite rentals @ $19/day.

Have you...
Forum: Piloting August 5th 07, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Oshkosh '07 - The Numbers

On Aug 5, 2:31 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought attendance was around
800,000 when I was there in 1995.

EAA has been putting out...
Forum: Piloting July 12th 07, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Unusual Distractions

On Jul 11, 10:14 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Have you ever tried flight with a beautiful girl sitting next to you?

Yes. I've done all sorts of things with a beautiful girl...
Forum: Piloting July 8th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Administrative Cost Of ATC User Fees

On Jul 8, 3:46 pm, kontiki wrote:

Take a look at the IRS... collecting processing taxes
(which are essentially "user fees") .. its a MASSIVE bureaucracy
which cost...
Forum: Piloting June 20th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gloom

On Jun 20, 2:35 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Select a completely random cross-section of the population and take them up,
and see what they say. Especially after the novelty wears...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 12, 11:52 am, Bob Crawford wrote:
Have you ever felt the need to lean/tilt your head during coordinated
turns in a commercial airliner?

I don't recall ever...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 07, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 11, 5:37 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

It's a really bad idea to threaten people in writing, especially in written forms
that will be archived indefinitely and exposed to...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Any response to his posts one cannot resist, should contain MX's real
name. There's a chance any seeker of tour guide services in Paris
might Google the name up in quotes, and land upon hint of the...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 10, 5:29 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

In the training I received, it was made very clear that your head must remain
level with the horizon. The reason? Because you'll...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 10, 5:30 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

A lot of my questions remain unanswered. Many pilots don't know as much as
they'd like to believe.

That's because pilots here really...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Like many A/C, my single tin-can has this aerodynamic thing where if
you really lean into the bank, it prevents her from wanting to return
to wings level. Normally not a problem, but I now suffer...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 07, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 10, 1:26 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Perhaps pilots would be less prone to disorientation if they kept their heads
normal to the horizon, even in turns (for instrument...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 10, 1:33 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I can't find 61-104; do you have a pointer to it?

Can't successfully Google anymore? Suicide watch for you.

F--
Forum: Piloting June 10th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

FAA permits teaching of either method. See AC 61-104.

F--
Forum: Piloting June 8th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bad pilots, bad maintenance ruining general aviation

On Jun 8, 1:30 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Is it just PVC pipe, or what? If it's PVC, can't you just remove the leaky
section and splice in a new section? As I recall, it's...