The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by Kimmine and Mitch Hudson Go to last post
117 312 Soaring
Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots by Nathan Lemmon
If you're trying to restore your Libelle to original configuration, you might need a SOLLFAHRTGEBER. I have one that is available for sale. If you are interested, email me and I'll send you some photos.
Today 08:17 AM
by Tony[_7_] Go to last post
4 26 Soaring
Js3 jet catastrophic failure. by Charlie Quebec
In the last east issue of Gliding Australia there is an incident report shown below. During the course of a cross country flight, the pilot elected to start the jet sustainer to self retrieve. The engine started normally, and the pilot tracked for the home airflield The engine failed...
by kinsell Go to last post
114 2,432 Soaring
An opportunity for people from our demographic to contribute by son_of_flubber
Here is a way to do something about the impact of Covid-19 on Soaring. COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) Volunteer Screening Registry is the way to connect volunteers to practical studies related Covid-19. For example, volunteers, especially older volunteers are sorely needed for Phase III...
by danlj Go to last post
16 69 Soaring
As heard on 123.3........ by John Sinclair[_5_]
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF! WHAT! WHERE? Just outside of town! Is the trailer all right? Yes (Pause) Is the car all right? Yes (Long pause) Are you all right?
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
51 386 Soaring
Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
Today 01:11 AM
by 2G Go to last post
3 41 Soaring
Paint for white fiberglass trailer top by Senna Van den Bosch
I got an older Anschau Komet trailer that needs some care and decided to repaint the entire top side, which is white painted fiberglass. What paint would you recommend for doing this? I'd like it to be a bit glossy and waterproof, as the trailer will stay outside in summer but hangared in winter....
by Delta8 Go to last post
21 364 Soaring
Soaring Club Financials by [email protected]
Haven't seen much discussion of this topic and I'm rather curious what the consensus is. I know of some clubs that did not open this year. Other clubs opened late and still others opened and just as quickly closed. I'm curious what kind of shape that leaves the soaring community at large with to...
Yesterday 09:11 PM
by Michael Bamberg Go to last post
2 29 Soaring
Another E glider concept by Jonathan St. Cloud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYU2zkGQFQ
by Ron Gleason Go to last post
76 853 Soaring
Barographs? by Tony[_5_]
Anyone have a Barograph or two sitting on a shelf collecting dust? I would like to put one or two of these relics back into service generating FAI Badges. Replogle preferred as that is what I have experience with, however I'll consider any other model. Thanks! Tony
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
49 1,895 Soaring