Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
Js3 jet catastrophic failure. by Charlie Quebec
In the last east issue of Gliding Australia there is an incident report shown below. During the course of a cross country flight, the pilot elected to start the jet sustainer to self retrieve. The engine started normally, and the pilot tracked for the home airflield The engine failed...
by Darren Braun Go to last post
120 2,479 Soaring
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by andy l Go to last post
138 375 Soaring
National 360? by [email protected]
I tried out a National 360 Parachute in my Ventus. Wow, it was much more comfortable then mine because of it’s thin design, the back of my head has support with the National. I want to buy a new one however National only makes 5 at a time and i can't find any dealers who have in in stock. Is...
Version 8 by Andrzej Kobus
How much flying have guys done with version 8? Any issues, is it safe to upgrade? Most of the time LXNav releases are of good quality, but I do remember one that gave me problems. There are some great features in this version, I just don't want to get surprised with problems in the early spring.
Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots by Nathan Lemmon
If you're trying to restore your Libelle to original configuration, you might need a SOLLFAHRTGEBER. I have one that is available for sale. If you are interested, email me and I'll send you some photos.