Search: Posts made by: Ron Natalie
Forum: Piloting May 10th 08, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
When do you use boost pumps?

Mxsmanic wrote:
When do you use boost pumps on small GA aircraft?

I know you wear your 6" pumps when you're out trolling
for tricks on the champs elysee.
Forum: Piloting May 4th 08, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Cindy McCain Pilot?

wrote:

But I do know something about creeping fees.
Remember that Alternative Minimum Tax, that was only for the rich?

Only for the rich who don't pay taxes like the rest of...
Forum: Owning May 1st 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ron Natalie
Where does this prop go?

John wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:18 am, "aieo" wrote:
I have a prop, no idea for what type it's for. It's in excellent condition.

Does anyone know what it's for?

Forum: Instrument Flight Rules May 1st 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Ron Natalie
Flying Mag Clueless about LPV and NACO

Airbus wrote:
In article , says...

John T wrote:
"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Forum: Piloting April 27th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Feds Want to Equipe Gliders With Transponders and Radios

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
If this is implemented, will it affect powered aircraft without
Forum: Piloting April 18th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Goodbye to Garmin's Weather Monopoly

Jay Honeck wrote:
From EAA's hotline:

XM RADIO TEAMS WITH AVMAP
As part of XM Radio's ongoing effort to provide pilots with a wide
selection of XM WX-capable display solutions, the...
Forum: Piloting April 4th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - CAN'T BECHARGED!!

Tina wrote:
The state cops could file all kinds of charges -- no plate, no
inspection sticker, blocking traffic, the list goes on and on. All
charges are of course optional.

The Virginia...
Forum: Piloting April 3rd 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Crash Pads

F. Baum wrote:
Years ago there used to be a place called Kue Gardens in
New York, that was full of crewmembers.

It's Kew Gardens.
Forum: Owning March 28th 08, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ron Natalie
Former FAA aviation safety inspector thoughts

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:53 am, wrote:
The point of Standy by Vac & electrical is very valid! I have
investigated many IFR accidents with no indication as to...
Forum: Piloting March 27th 08, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Skydiver NMAC

muff528 wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
A short video clip showing a near...
Forum: Piloting March 27th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Skydiver NMAC

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
A short video clip showing a near collision between a skydiver and a
light single was just shown on "Fox & Friends". The airplane looked
like a Navion with the gear...
Forum: Owning March 27th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ron Natalie
Flying IFR with out STAND BY Vac & electrical is insane!

wrote:
Flying IFR without a stand by Vaccum system AND some form of
INDEPENDENT back up electrical that can power the entire aircraft
power buss is INSANE!!!!!!

Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 27th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Ron Natalie
Unusual attitude recovery advice sought

john smith wrote:
Eamon McKinley wrote:
Thoughts & advice would be very much appreciated.

My thoughts are to take care of flying in the following order:

1. airspeed - increasing......
Forum: Piloting March 24th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
AFSS speaking to the computer

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Now that the AFSS requires you say
"Briefer.....California....Northern" I've run into problems. I've
found that on a noisy ramp the system just keeps saying "I'm sorry I
Forum: Piloting March 22nd 08, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Checklist

buttman wrote:
On Mar 21, 6:08 pm, Dan wrote:
On Mar 21, 5:42 pm, "Bob F." wrote:

Everyone knows the gear can't come up while taxiing anyway, no...
Forum: Piloting March 22nd 08, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Checklist

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

Everyone knows the gear can't come up while taxiing anyway, no matter
Forum: Piloting March 21st 08, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Types of currency

buttman wrote:

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list somewhere that lays out each
and every category/class combo that the FAA recognizes?

Of course, the list is even more confusing in...
Forum: Piloting March 21st 08, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
GA Callsigns

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

Speaking of myths that should be busted, a lot of folks believe that
Experimental Amateur-Built aircraft are supposed to use "Experimental" as a call
sign.....

Only need...
Forum: Owning March 16th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ron Natalie
Aircraft purchase question

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"John Godwin" wrote in message
Best would probably be a limited power of attorney. Do everything...
Forum: Piloting March 13th 08, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"WingFlaps" wrote in message
My instrument flight test required level steep...
Forum: Piloting March 12th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

wrote:

Are you saying the force vector sums are equivalent when comparing level
turns at the same bank angle to constant rate descent? In other words, that
a 2g load factor...
Forum: Piloting March 12th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

skym wrote:
Thanks for replies. I had meant to address the speed issue since I
knew the stall speed increased with bank. I also kept my speed higher
than normal in the turn because of that. ...
Forum: Piloting March 12th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Ask your instructor to explain to you what happens to the stall speed in
a LEVEL turn as opposed to the stall speed in an unloaded gliding turn
from base to final.
Forum: Piloting March 12th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
ADS-B Recipient Of The 2007 Robert J. Collier Trophy

xxx wrote:
"We few, we happy few..." I suppose there are several hundred, maybe
even four digits, who can claim a share.

Well cool. Didn't know you then, pleased to meet you now.

Not a...
Forum: Piloting March 6th 08, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Natalie
Republic SeeBee

William Hung wrote:
Anyone here fly one, flown one or just have stories to tell about
one? I heard an eccentric millionnaire who flew one went missing some
years ago.

I've got a friend who...