Are You Ashamed to Land Out? by [email protected]
Read the article regarding the diminishment of guys pursuing badges and a commonly held misconception that it takes greater than 30/1 to do xc, another thought came to mind. Namely, is there a stigma attached to landing out within the modern soaring community? Could this be a reason why guys are...
by CindyB[_2_] Go to last post
25 93 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
118 205 Soaring
Clubs Still Flying List by [email protected]
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and...
2020 Senior Soaring Championship by [email protected]
Practice Day First, I would like to say sorry for the delay of the practice day results. As any of my fellow contest managers can attest to, the first day of the contest is hectic. However, if you saw the smiles of the pilots returning from their flights, it was worth it. Trailers had been...
by Rich Owen[_2_] Go to last post
15 117 Soaring
Solo 2350D won't start by BillT
Our Duo's turbo has suddenly stopped working. It spins up ok at 55Kt when decompressed & continues windmilling when the decompression is released. The engine starts after 2 - 3 seconds, runs for 2 seconds then cuts out. After 1 - 2 seconds it starts again & the sequence is repeated. It's as if the...
Buying glider from an estate - maintenance logs not available by son_of_flubber
What do you do when the executor of an estate is willing but unable to provide the maintenance logs for a glider that you are trying to buy? Any other tips on buying a glider from an estate?
Instrumentation question by [email protected]
Thinking about glider projects other than flying... If I add 2 instruments to the tail: 1) a 3d accelerometer 2) strain gages on the shank of the te probe to measure horizontal and vertical deflection Then will the difference between these two be an indication of the left-right and up-down wind...
Cambridge Flight Recorder GPS-NAV Model 20 & Display & Cables & Disks8/03 on Ebay for sale by [email protected]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-Flight-Recorder-GPS-NAV-Model-20-Display-Cables-Disks-8-03-Calib/202949800202 Is it worth $100 or more or less?? It works as it turns on like is is supposed to.
Yesterday 03:58 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
3 29 Soaring
Trouble in Paradise (Omarama) by Duster[_2_]
Notice from Gavin Wills: "Please note that all Glide Omarama services will be suspended from 15 April 2020. After 20 years of flying from the Omarama Airfield without a Trial Flight incident the Civil Aviation Authority of NZ requires GlideOmarama to re-certify its operations from being a...
by Charlie Papa[_2_] Go to last post
44 275 Soaring
Monday Night Soaring by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, I have updated the Monday Night Soaring tasks for the next two Mondays. March 30th will still be in Slovenia (default scenery). April 6th will be in AA2 (Alps!) MNS is probably the longest lasting competition in Condor. It's been running continuously since late 2005. This is one of...
Yesterday 03:23 PM
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post