§ 61.87 (i) by [email protected]
Question for CFI-Gs Was more or less told that I'm laboring under a gross misapprehension of fact by a newly minted glider instructor with regard to the above FAR. I am new to sailplanes. Been flying since 1976 so I've probably been flying longer than this guy is old. Haven't asked, don't really...
by David Shelton[_2_] Go to last post
17 83 Soaring
wing tape by Colin Roney
Where and what product is the best white wing tape to be bought?
by ProfJ Go to last post
43 889 Soaring
Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole by [email protected]
This is on the SLGP web site. Important Notice Dear Friends, Seminole-Lake is my soul business and for as long as I lived, my intention was never to sell it. Due to family problems and COVID-19 issues I must take a decision about its future, therefore I’m determined to sell half of the...
by 2G Go to last post
54 393 Soaring
Basic Glider Criteria Handbook (archival standards) by [email protected]
Kind of cool link courtesy of Jim Rutherford at the FAA Small Aircraft Directorate. https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/47436d482fcd9d8b86257bcf006373cf/9d18a2c751ace00b86257beb00529fe2/$FILE/Basic%20Glider%20Criteria%20Handbook.pdf
Flight Analysis by Bob Caldwell (BC)
Hi Pilots, I usually do analysis on my flights and those of other pilots I flew with to try understand what I did right or wrong and what I can learn from pilots better than me. A recent flight on OLC showed that I circled 15.5% of the time at an average of 3.3m/s (about 6.4 kts). Opening the...
Today 03:16 AM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
6 30 Soaring
Sad news, Lake County glider crash, LAK-17B FES Mini by [email protected]
Friday,07-Aug-2020 Matt Herron was piloting LAK-17B FES Mini Glider, which took off from Lampson Field near Lakeport at about 2 p.m. en route to Mendocino County, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office said. That's all I...
by 2G Go to last post
16 103 Soaring
Flarm Antenna Mount JS1 by [email protected]
Anyone have a nice, elegant solution on how to mount Flarm antennas on the glare shield of a JS1? I have used plastic brackets velcroed to the glare shield but in this Ga heat the Velcro just won’t hold. I am considering using plastic screws but hate the idea of drilling holes in my glare shield....
Today 02:16 AM
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
7 25 Soaring
Looking to Borrow/Rent Portable FLARM for Uvalde Pre-World by Dee[_2_]
Looking to borrow or rent a portable FLARM unit for the Pre-pre-pre Worlds @ Uvalde August 15-22 '20 If so, please PM
Today 02:03 AM
by Dee[_2_] Go to last post
0 6 Soaring
PA-25 Pawnee exhaust manifolds by Michael Opitz
Does anyone have a good source for a US shop that can repair or sells replacement 235 Hp Pawnee exhaust manifolds, clamps and gaskets? RO
Today 01:52 AM
by Sarah Arnold Go to last post
4 16 Soaring
Ventus ballast leak by wladkummer76
Hi all, Id like to ask for help here. My Ventus a SN143 right wing ballast is leaking around the ballast valve actuator rod. I've contacted S&H but no response so far. I do not know if a O-ring seal would fit in the small recess. Have anyone in this group experienced this problem? Thanks to...
by Jay Campbell Go to last post
20 1,456 Soaring
PowerMouse by soaringjac
With the PowerMouse with ADSB Module, what non-Flarm traffic will I be able to see and not see? Obviously I will be able to see ADSB traffic, but what about regular transponder equipped aircraft?
Yesterday 10:05 PM
by soaringjac Go to last post
3 12 Soaring
Speed of a vario by [email protected]
Which vario has lowest latency? (Least delay to indicate thermal we pass) Anyone has done side by side tests? S
by Tango Eight Go to last post
32 87 Soaring
Retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders by [email protected]
Hello, who knows anything about a retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders, build in Argentina (link?). Probably will have a foldable pylon, otherwise concept as with Antares. Thanks
Retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders from Argentina by [email protected]
Hello, who knows anything about a retrofittable electric drive unit for gliders from Argentina (link?). Probably will have a foldable pylon, otherwise concept as with Antares. Thanks
Yesterday 10:57 AM