Glider Financing : Is Lea County State Bank still the only game in town? by ripacheco1967
Looking into buying a glider... I bought three aircraft in the past, the ones that have a fan strapped to the nose ;). I been looking at the financing options and they seem limited LCSB seems to be the "only" out there advertising for glider pilots. Rates are not that great though... is that the...
Today 07:36 PM
by John Foster Go to last post
1 6 Soaring
Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes by John Foster
Again, as some have already alluded to, the elephant in the room is not how to restructure events, but how to recruit more people into soaring as a whole. The sport is seeing declining numbers year after year. Why? Many reasons, but upper most is money. Many people don't have the 3-4K to spend...
Today 07:28 PM
by John Foster Go to last post
0 4 Soaring
LS3A flap/aileron mixer by RV 6 Driver
I am doing an annual inspection on a LS3A and have some concerns regarding the flap/aileron mixer. Just wondering if anybody has any knowledge on proper rigging procedures for this. I have the maintenance manual but it does not address this issue. All I get out of the manual is the deflections...
Cobra Trailer Brakes by [email protected]
Having just installed new brake drums, bearings, backing plates, and brakes on my 2011 year Cobra (New because I burnt up the original ones on the way to Perry, a long post on that later) I am quite sensitive to how hot the brakes should get in normal operation. I am sure that all the new items...
S80 vario decoupling by [email protected]
Is there any way to "decouple" the S80? That is, get it to display one MacCready setting for speed to fly while showing another (higher) MacCready setting for required altitude to destination? I don't see a way to do it but hopefully I'm missing something. I like the vario so much my willingness...
Today 07:22 PM
by MNLou Go to last post
1 4 Soaring
LXNav S80 vario decoupling by [email protected]
Is there any way to "decouple" the S80? That is, get it to display one Macready setting for speed to fly while showing another (higher) macready setting for required altitude to destination? I don't see a way to do it but hopefully I'm missing something. I like the vario so much my willingness to...
Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes by WaltWX[_2_]
MY PREFERENCE ON COMBINING STANDARD CVLASS AFTER FURTHER REFLECTION (July 17th) After further reflection, I'm going to agree with Steve Northcraft and choose to group the STDs with the 15M (and OPENs if necessary). The 15M and OPENs are having trouble getting sufficient numbers as well. My...
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
17 344 Soaring
Implausible Time Records by Dan Marotta
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning of implausible time records in the igc file.* Does anyone know what this means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. Here's a link to the...
Euro Championship by [email protected]
Kawa leading 18m class again in a Diana 3. Absolutely incredible
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
12 81 Soaring
2020 contests by [email protected]
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10
Today 01:17 PM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
2 34 Soaring
FOR SALE by Luke Szczepaniak
Hello, I am doing some spring cleaning and have the following items for sale LXNav NANO3, $350 USD + shipping Cambridge CAI302 $400 USD + shipping Cambridge CAI302 with 303 display $450 USD + shipping Please note that the 302's have been removed from the gliders some time ago, both were in good...
Today 03:32 AM
by Luke Szczepaniak Go to last post