New Luxury Tax on Gliders in Canada by [email protected]
Today, the Canadian government announced that a new luxury tax (Italian style) will be implemented Jan 1st, 2022. The tax applies to vehicles retailing for CDN$100,000 (equivalent to US$80,000) at the rate of 10% on total price or 20% on price over CDN$100,000, whichever is less. The sales tax of...
by 2G Go to last post
10 65 Soaring
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2 by Eric Greenwell[_4_]
Didn't make it to a new thread on the first attempt... ----------------------------------------- I moved this to a new thread, as it seemed to go in a different direction than Bob's original conversation starter. ----------------------------------------- Guy Acheson wrote on 4/9/2021 8:51 PM: ...
by jfitch Go to last post
71 295 Soaring
contest number database by [email protected]
Does anyone have an active link to the contest number database? It is referenced here (https://www.ssa.org/racing-rules-information/) but there's no link to the database, and my google searches are not finding it. Matt
Today 02:07 AM
by noel.wade Go to last post
6 39 Soaring
new SSA web site by Moshe Braner
The "new web site" is live, and it is very slow to load, and I can't find anything... Where did the state records go? And when I tried to login it made me spend much time training Google's AI via a "Captcha" - I hate those things with a white-hot passion! And then it rejected my password. (I...
by noel.wade Go to last post
90 497 Soaring
SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT by Cindy Brickner
SSA Regional Webinar Black Forest Soaring Society Cross-Country Ground School Series April 23, Friday 7 pm Mountain Daylight Time Flight Tracking Software Satellite based (SPOT, InReach), Smart Phone based (Glide Track), FLARM based. Session 7 in 2021 series. Presenter: Dave...
Today 12:51 AM
by Cindy Brickner Go to last post
0 18 Soaring
Weglide.org by pavel skrabal
Looks like new interesting project for storing IGC flights. I think prehistoric OLC needs some fresh blood competition. WiFi download of flights straight from LX computers again this summer?
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
30 477 Soaring
New IGC Flight Recorder - Fenix FR from RC Electronics by Ian Strachan[_4_]
An IGC-approval document for the Fenix FR by RC Electronics was published on 20 April: This is the first FR from RC Electronics, based north of Celje, Slovenia There are now 61 main types of IGC-approved Flight Recorders, and the number increases to 77 when different models within main types are...
Yesterday 07:07 PM
by Ian Strachan[_4_] Go to last post
0 16 Soaring
FLARM Fusion Range by Matt Herron Jr.
Hi guys, I just installed a FLARM Fusion and am getting some very poor results. The antennas are installed symmetrically on either side of the canopy rail (see photographs) in an ASW27b. They clip into a plastic adaptor printed from ABS, and each antenna has a clear 180 degree view out the side...
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
23 45 Soaring
Time to hang it up? by John Sinclair[_5_]
It’s been 50 years now since I soloed in gliders at Black Forest, Co in 1971. I have logged over 5000 hours, mostly racing. Only flew one time last year due to Covid-19, but this year I found myself dreading the work involved with hooking up the trailer, driving an hour and a half, assembling,...
Yesterday 06:42 PM
by 5Z Go to last post
9 36 Soaring
Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
To get my glider's fuselage into my "hangar" (AKA garage) for winter work I I have to get it off and out of the trailer generally by myself. I made some ramps to help with this. I thought you might find this useful. There are two pairs of ramps. One is a pair of rather narrow ramps to get the...
Yesterday 05:33 PM
by John Galloway[_2_] Go to last post
6 38 Soaring
Orographic Lift (on Mars) by Bob W.