No LXNav TrafficView Manual??? by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
The new LXNav TrafficView has been available for a while now. But where the heck is the manual? I know, I know, it is similar enough to the older FlarmView so we can "just figure things out". But a new expensive product and no manual available at startup? Really? One thing we have all...
Today 05:12 AM
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
6 16 Soaring
Fanny packs for baleout by [email protected]
I've started carrying my Inreach in a fanny pack. They are cheap, and if rotated so the pack lies between parachute straps, offer a comfortable way to keep safety equipment attached in the event of a baleout.
Antennae by John McCullagh[_2_]
I have a new glider on order and naturally I want to build-in all the things it will need over the next ten years at least, rather than adding things later piecemeal. In the non-carbon part of the fin I plan to have a radio aerial, a transponder aerial and a Flarm aerial. However it seems that...
Flarmview versus Flarmview 57 by [email protected]
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to...
Today 03:23 AM
by kinsell Go to last post
6 27 Soaring
Apollo and our own. by Karl Striedieck[_2_]
There must be a good number of our crowd out there that contributed their talents to getting us to the moon via the Apollo program. One is Roy Cundiff (formerly “R1” Ventus) who was an engineer on those mighty first stage F1 engines that put out 7.5 million pounds of thrust, consuming 318,000...
Today 03:05 AM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
8 49 Soaring
Go Daniel Go!! by Dave Nadler
Whoo Hoo! https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=7350511
Today 01:56 AM
by ripacheco1967 Go to last post
8 88 Soaring
Nadler Arcus Bailout by BG[_4_]
So what happened! Other might like to know... BG
Today 01:17 AM
by Waveguru Go to last post
2 39 Soaring
Successful Winch Launch Operations from Public Use Municipal/County Airports by [email protected]
Good day, I'm looking for successful Commercial/Club Operators winch launching gliders from small Public Use Municipal/County Airports. I want to understand how you're successfully working with GA Power pilots and Public Servants to run your winch-glider operation. Please let's keep the "power...
More trailer tire/wheel issues by [email protected]
I pulled my Cobra up the Sierras to Sparks, Nv and then blew the right tire (6” of tread separated and took the fender off too). Tire and wheel were Not even warm. Put on the spare and drove the final 20 miles. Next morning I jacked up one wheel and took 2 tires and rims in and got 6 ply trailer...
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
22 56 Soaring
Becker AR4201 transmit volume low by John Foster
I just installed a Becker AR4201 that I picked up used from the UK (frequency spacing change from 25 to 8.33). I have it paired with a Peiker TM 170 I got from W&W based on their compatibility statements on the website. It will transmit voice, but it is extremely soft/quite and the receiver needs...
Cambridge CPT 505 Variometer by John Foster
I'm in the process of building a new instrument panel in my glider and am at the point of hooking it all back up. When I have the power cable plugged in to the back of the CAI CPT 505 and turn the power on, the needle deflects to -10kt, and if I switch it to 2x, then the needle deflects to -5kt. ...
Theoretical exam issue by Bartosz Gabryś
Hi! I have finished my theoretical course (online) for a glider pilot over year ago and I missed that I had to attemp at least one exam. I almost finished practical courses. What exactly should I do at this point? I'm depressed.... Here you have the part-FCL 0.25: (3) The recommendation by an...
Yesterday 10:04 AM
by James Metcalfe Go to last post