Search: Posts made by: ASM
Forum: Soaring June 15th 18, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
New low budget two seater

PW-6U is in production.
SZD 54-2 Perkoz is in production.
Both of them are pretty good gliders.
Forum: Soaring June 12th 18, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3

Hello group, I am curious if anyone on this group changed the main landing gear wheel on SZD 48-3 Jantar Standard 3 from factory wheel to TOST. If anyone did just that, any information about it would...
Forum: Soaring May 17th 18, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Scotch tape

Thank you. That is the one.
Forum: Soaring May 13th 18, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Scotch tape

I used to buy 1” tape to seal my wing/fuselage and the rest from Uline. Inside of the roll the only thing it says is 3M Scotch. Does anyone know the exact type? Thanks.
Forum: Soaring May 12th 18, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Club Class gliders and Handicaps in Polish Nationals June 2018

I saw a ****load of Jantar 2’s and 3’s on the list of competitors.
Forum: Soaring May 8th 18, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Ilec SB-8 manual

Does anyone of you have an Ilec SB-8 manual and could email me a link? One of my gliders has SB-8 however, there is a second vario with 3 knobs and it seems that the SB-8 main unit is somehow...
Forum: Soaring February 21st 14, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Diana-1 trailer question

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 1:51:20 PM UTC-8, 2NO wrote:
My SZD-51-1's trailer did not come with any instructions and I'm trying to understand something basic about the (rear) end cap.

Forum: Soaring June 23rd 13, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Subaru Outback...how well does it tow a sailplane trailer?

I have 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5 liter. The only thing I can say is that the continuously variable transmission is rather touchy, so, you have to be gentle with throttle pedal. Otherwise it is very...
Forum: Soaring April 6th 13, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
FAA to ground 80% of Glider Training Fleet... it's just aquestion of when

Now Eric, you need to get off of your high horse.
The SZD 54-2 Perkoz is ready for purchase as well as the PW-6U....
Forum: Soaring March 29th 13, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Soaring in Alaska?

Just got back from a trip to Alaska. The mountains and scenery are spectacular. Is there any soaring in Alaska? If yes, where? Thanks, Jacek
Forum: Soaring January 17th 13, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
USA and FAI rules

Hi John,

Let me reverse the idea he is it possible to propose to the IGC to adopt the US SSA rules? In that case we could fly worldwide under the same rules and all the issues would go away....
Forum: Soaring January 16th 13, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
USA and FAI rules

Amen to that. I think that there was too much push for "fairness" in soaring. There will always be losers and winners. Anybody not willing to accept that fact should give up soaring and take on...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 13, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Announcing Nephi, Utah OLC/Cross Country Camp Aug 7-11

Hi Bruno,

Count me in. I will send you a check some time net week.

Jacek
Forum: Soaring November 16th 12, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Wing wheel dolly

I have a brand new, never used wing wheel dolly that can fit any glider. Please contact me jacek dot kobiesa at raypolandandsons dot com if interested. Jacek, Pasco, WA
Forum: Soaring September 27th 12, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Puchacz reviews

Puchacz is an old glider. Go to the http://szd.com.pl/en/products/szd-50-3-puchacz web site and look at the published service bulletins. It is still being used as a primary trainer in many countries...
Forum: Soaring July 26th 12, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
PW-5 PW-6 'stiff' rudder pedals

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:39:15 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
Coming from SGS and Blanik glider experience, the rudder pedals in a PW-6 seem "stiff" to me.

1.Are the rudder...
Forum: Soaring July 9th 12, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Video of Cockpit Tour While Flying in Glider

Bruno, I was trying to pay you a visit only to find out that you were travelling on the old continent...... Flying at the Sports Class Nationals in Parowan was pretty good ....especially when one...
Forum: Soaring June 30th 12, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Boom microphone

I need to buy ASAP a boom mike that can be used with Becker 3201. Does anyone have one seating on a shelf and collecting dust? If yes and are willing to sell it please call me on my cell #...
Forum: Soaring May 4th 12, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
What to do with L-13?

On Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:16:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Our club (NJ - USA) has folded and we still have an L-13 taking up space. Before I call the local scrap yard I thought I'd ask if...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 12, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Cessna 170 for a towplane?

On Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:10:17 AM UTC-7, Scott Alexander wrote:
Anybody ever used a Cessna 170 for a towplane? If yes, how did it
work out? What size engine?

Blue Skies,
Scott...
Forum: Soaring March 3rd 12, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

I guess that's the essential difference between freeware and shareware. People sometimes forget that being able to choose is a good thing. Believe me - I grew up in a country where there was very...
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 12, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Are OLC and Contest Soaring really that different?

On Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:18:16 PM UTC-8, Papa3 wrote:
On Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:43:38 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
On Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:28:46 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
And...
Forum: Soaring March 1st 12, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Are OLC and Contest Soaring really that different?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:58:56 PM UTC-8, noel.wade wrote:
On Feb 29, 2:18*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
I very much enjoy both modes...

It doesn't sound...
Forum: Soaring January 31st 12, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By ASM
Overstuffed panels

On Jan 31, 9:29*am, Bill D wrote:
This is in response to threads on FLARM and Mirasol displays which I
think relate in a general way.

If you back up 100 meters and think...