Any details on Nephi incident? by Chris
Is everybody alright?
Vario Comparison by [email protected]
Hi- I've searched the archives of this oft-discussed topic, but am not finding specific answers I'm seeking. If you have good experience or knowledge about the specific issues below, I would much appreciate your insights. 1) Latency with accuracy. What is the quickest vario with accuracy? Are...
Locating device mounting by [email protected]
Recent descriptions of the Nephi accident are driving me to rethink my decision about location of my Spot in the ship. I have had it mounted on the canopy frame to try to get the best view of the sky for tracking. It kind of gets in the way a little when on the chute harness. My assumption has been...
Today 05:05 PM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
4 6 Soaring
Round vs Square E-Chute by Jonathan St. Cloud
Three years ago when I got back into soaring I talked to serveral riggers about a round vs square chute. The riggers, including Allen Silver, all talked me out of a square for safety reasons. If you are seriously considering a square rig, I highly recommend you speak with a qualified rigger and...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
10 38 Soaring
3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US? by [email protected]
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:20:27 AM UTC-5, wrote: I've spent some time reading the FAA's response to the SSA in regards to the IS-28B2 found here, http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%20Memo%20-%20IS-28B2%20-%2010_16_2017%20-%20Signed.pdf I'm curious how it applies to...
WTB 1-26, 1-36, 1-34 by Tango Eight
My club is seeking an airworthy single seat Schweizer glider, no projects. We're interested in 1-26 D / E, 1-36 or 1-34 (fixed gear). Reply to author or look me up on ssa.org. Evan Ludeman Post Mills Soaring Club Post Mills, VT
Today 02:07 PM
by Richard Wilkening Go to last post
6 34 Soaring
3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US? by Chris Snyder
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:20:27 AM UTC-5, wrote: I've spent some time reading the FAA's response to the SSA in regards to the IS-28B2 found here, http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%20Memo%20-%20IS-28B2%20-%2010_16_2017%20-%20Signed.pdf I'm curious how it applies to...
A complicated question about LiFePO4 batteries, - and switching. by [email protected]
Another question regarding the above battery type! There are variety of techniques used when switching between batteries - on/off/on switches, good switches with a cut out between the movement, two batteries with a diode to prevent flow between both batteries, etc. The question I have concerns an...
by jfitch Go to last post
38 123 Soaring
Grand Teton Crash by Ernst
Carnage continues, who is next? https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/cops_courts/article_87046564-e466-535c-a04c-b3918ec7dcb9.html It is sickening, what can we do to stop this? If it is experience, we would talk about other things. Thinking about Kristine and her passenger David... Ernst
by Renny[_2_] Go to last post
19 239 Soaring
Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp? by [email protected]
On Tuesday, September 25, 2001 at 4:07:20 PM UTC-4, Jeffrey wrote: I am an alumnus of Sky Life Flying Camp in Northville, New York. I attended in the summer of 1986, and had a really good time there. I was about a month shy of my 16th birthday, so although my instructor, Jay Treat III, ...
5 4,639 General Aviation