Search: Posts made by: Paul T[_4_]
Forum: Soaring June 14th 18, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
New low budget two seater

At 07:20 14 June 2018, Tom wrote:
Blaniks? http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/blanik.htm

Yes, why not if they still produce L13.

PW6U still being produced =probably the cheapest new...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 18, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
New low budget two seater

Blaniks? http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/blanik.htm

PW6U still being produced =probably the cheapest new 'glass' 2 seater.
Forum: Soaring May 16th 18, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Diana 3 seems to be a Czech glider

At 12:11 16 May 2018, wrote:
Looking at a picture of the new Diana 3 glider, the elliptical elevator
ran=
g a bell in my little brain. I had already seen it before, many...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 18, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Club Class gliders and Handicaps in Polish Nationals June 2018

At 04:04 12 May 2018, ASM wrote:
I saw a ****load of Jantar 2=E2=80=99s and 3=E2=80=99s on the
list of
compe=
titors.

For the Polish Nationals? To be expected.
For the Worlds - 3 listed at the...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Club Class gliders and Handicaps in Polish Nationals June 2018

At 14:44 09 May 2018, Paul T wrote:

The FAI Club classs list is at
https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/sc3ah_2018a.pdf .

The new 'silly list' designed by guys with no common sense-...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Club Class gliders and Handicaps in Polish Nationals June 2018

The FAI Club classs list is at
https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/sc3ah_2018a.pdf .

The new 'silly list' designed by guys with no common sense- based on
some asinine theory which ignores...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 18, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
best glider for new pilots?

At 08:23 29 April 2018, John Foster wrote:
On Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 1:20:08 AM UTC-6, Paolo Guardigli
wrote:
Hi everybody,
can you suggest some good and safe glider to start ?
Thanks...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 18, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Wanting to start a new glider club

At 20:43 28 April 2018, Chris Rowland wrote:
I did most of my ab initio training and learning to be an instructor
autotow.

I'd suggest avoiding reverse pulley because it's difficult for both...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 18, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Wanting to start a new glider club

Some useful links. I was a member of a club that did straight reverse
pulley autotow off grass, just a pulley on a rotating shackle on a chain
staked into the grass, and we used to launch a 22M...
Forum: Soaring April 25th 18, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Wanting to start a new glider club

At 07:09 25 April 2018, John Foster wrote:
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 12:39:57 AM UTC-6,
wrote:
This is all cart before the horse stuff. To start a club the...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 18, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Wanting to start a new glider club

At 06:29 24 April 2018, Surge wrote:
If it were up to me I'd consider winch launching seeing as those
mountains
=
are very conveniently located.

Some advantages of a winch operation:
1. I...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 18, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
Wanting to start a new glider club

At 04:30 24 April 2018, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 6:26:55 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 1:56:24 PM UTC-7, John Foster
wrote:
Hi everyone
=20
Forum: Soaring March 12th 18, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
$75,000 2-33

At 16:04 12 March 2018, Tango Whisky wrote:
Le lundi 12 mars 2018 16:43:16 UTC+1, Jonathan St. Cloud a
=C3=A9crit=C2=A0=
:
What club where and how to join? We need more clubs like...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 18, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
$75,000 2-33

At 21:13 07 March 2018, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 12:07:38 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
Just when you thought you've seen it all. Wings and Wheels has
listed ...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 18, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
IGC - a force for good or a failing institution

At 18:31 06 March 2018, Neil Goudie wrote:
Fascinating responses.

First of all, I was careful not criticise any current or previous
members of the IGC. I simply asked the question. Is the...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 18, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
2018 - AN EXCITING YEAR

At 18:17 14 February 2018, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 8:45:07 AM UTC-5, Kevin Neave
wrote:
I think the emphasis was on *affordable*
=20
A new K21, DG1000, or Perkoz are...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 18, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
2018 - AN EXCITING YEAR

At 13:44 14 February 2018, Kevin Neave wrote:
I think the emphasis was on *affordable*

A new K21, DG1000, or Perkoz are all around 80-85k Euro.
Plus VAT
Plus trailer
Plus Instruments

This...
Forum: Soaring February 13th 18, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
New pilot looking for glider to purchase.

At 02:37 13 February 2018, wrote:
Well Paul T, I've read all of Derricks written works, no doubt good
info
th=
ere, but when it comes to his opinion of flapped sailplanes,...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 18, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
New pilot looking for glider to purchase.

At 16:21 12 February 2018, BobW wrote:

I agree with everyone who suggests the trailer is as important as
the
glider. Easy rigging and transport is paramount! Most will steer you
away...
Forum: Soaring February 12th 18, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

At 02:58 12 February 2018, Blake Seese 3Y wrote:
I agree with everyone who suggests the trailer is as important as
the
glide=
r. Easy rigging and transport is paramount! Most will stear you
away...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 18, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

At 16:57 22 January 2018, Branko Stojkovic wrote:
This is terrible news! IGC needs to do something about safety at
WGC and
GP=
events, as well as at all other gliding contests!

For starters,...
Forum: Soaring January 7th 18, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
1000km flights

At 08:26 07 January 2018, wrote:
Trying? 4 X 1250km triangles. All 15m.

They where flying 18m according to the Jonkers FB page -just OLC
hasn't adjusted. Pieter Nouwens looks...
Forum: Soaring January 4th 18, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
1000km flights

At 21:11 04 January 2018, wrote:
Thanks for posting that Kawa interview. Competition dynamics has
definitely=
changed since the days of Moffat and Reichman. Kawa would be...
Forum: Soaring January 4th 18, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
GP Gliders

Club Class should be 'FAI definition' club class but the USA always
seems to go its own perverted little way for whatever reasons.However
FAI are now trying there best to make this more expensive...
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 18, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul T[_4_]
GP Gliders

At 03:17 03 January 2018, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 4:25:54 PM UTC-8,
wrote:
Is there any update on GP Gliders USA? Last news is Tim McAllister
decided to...