Search: Posts made by: R Leonard[_2_]
Forum: Naval Aviation September 8th 08, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By R Leonard[_2_]
Brown Shoes

On Sep 7, 11:44*am, "Scott Seders" wrote:
How did the tradition start of naval aviators wearing brown shoes?

Thanks,
Scott Seders

Brown Shoes, khakis, and Greens. . ....
Forum: Naval Aviation April 1st 08, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By R Leonard[_2_]
Naval Aviator Production

On Mar 31, 6:15*pm, "John Carrier" wrote:

I just realized why these numbers didn't seem quite right. *I got my wings
in early 1971 and had a naval aviator number in the low...
Forum: Naval Aviation March 29th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By R Leonard[_2_]
Naval Aviator Production

On Mar 28, 9:52*am, "Frank Minich" wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know of a chart showing the number of Naval Aviators
'graduating' on a year-by-year basis, going back to the...
Forum: Naval Aviation December 3rd 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By R Leonard[_2_]
The start of jet operations in US Navy.

'In 1954 alone, in working to master jet aviation off carriers, the U.S.
Navy lost nearly eight hundred aircraft'

USN started operating jet squadrons from carriers in 1947.

From Quonset...