Search: Posts made by: D Ramapriya
Forum: Piloting September 16th 10, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Question About Mid-Air Collisions

On Sep 16, 5:27*am, wrote:
jason219 wrote:

This can not happen.

If you reduce or eliminate engine power,

By the OP's "all...
Forum: Piloting September 4th 10, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
UPS 747-400 crash

Very unfortunate news of a 747 operated by UPS crashing yesterday
evening a few miles from where I stay.

There are confirmed reports of the pilot having declared Mayday
shortly after takeoff due to...
Forum: Piloting August 15th 10, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Another Blow to Airbus

On Aug 15, 1:45*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:31*pm, D Ramapriya wrote:

On Aug 15, 3:19*am, "Flaps_50!" ...
Forum: Piloting August 15th 10, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Another Blow to Airbus

On Aug 15, 6:41*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
D Ramapriya writes:
Any pilot would tell you that humans are incapable of matching
computers' sophistication in precision flying....
Forum: Piloting August 15th 10, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Another Blow to Airbus

On Aug 15, 3:19*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:
On Aug 9, 1:49*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

a writes:
A couple of days ago the NTSB found the 320 series to...
Forum: Piloting April 30th 10, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
My final flight as owner in N1943L - Video

On 30 Apr, 04:29, " wrote:
My final flight as owner in N1943L - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP7dkpeXi6w

Sold my airplane so this is the final...
Forum: Piloting January 1st 10, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
The NW overflight, what REALLY happened

On 26 Dec 2009, 22:05, Bug Dout wrote:
Mxsmanic writes:
I'm just wondering if those pilots who landed on a taxiway had their licenses
revoked,...
Forum: Piloting November 23rd 09, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Three take offs = three landings at Newton MS and Madison MS -Video

On Nov 23, 1:10*am, a wrote:

The wrong place to lose energy on a short field is in the flare. Get
it slow on short final. Also, although probably not in your manual,
once...
Forum: Piloting October 30th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On Oct 30, 4:43*pm, Clark wrote:
D Ramapriya wrote in news:0e1dac61-33d6-489b-a9c0-
:

On Oct 30,...
Forum: Piloting October 30th 09, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On Oct 30, 4:43*pm, Robert Moore wrote:
D Ramapriya wrote

But the point about LNAV (PROFILE in Airbuses) remains - why had the
Forum: Piloting October 30th 09, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On Oct 30, 12:00*am, Mike Ash wrote:
In article
,
*D Ramapriya wrote:

In my...
Forum: Piloting October 29th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On 29 Oct, 20:00, Mike Ash wrote:
In article
,
*D Ramapriya wrote:

Quite....
Forum: Piloting October 29th 09, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On 29 Oct, 00:34, Danny Flyboy Danny.Flyboy.
wrote:

I think any professional who has been doing his job flawlessly for 25
years who makes a mistake that results in...
Forum: Piloting October 29th 09, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On 29 Oct, 02:35, Dudley Henriques wrote:
On Oct 28, 5:49*pm, "Neil Gould" wrote:

I feel for these guys, but their lack of judgement in this...
Forum: Piloting October 29th 09, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

On 28 Oct, 15:55, VOR-DME wrote:

I share the belief that the FAA action was hasty. I am not suggesting
leniency, but a suspension for the time it takes to complete an
Forum: Piloting October 28th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On 28 Oct, 21:48, 150flivver wrote:

This crew willfully endangered the lives of passengers by violating

Willfully doesn't = negligently, and negligence was what...
Forum: Piloting October 28th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On 27 Oct, 16:51, a wrote:
On Oct 27, 12:09*am, Mike Ash wrote:

There's something of a different lesson here, isn't there? We, who
know something about...
Forum: Piloting October 27th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On 27 Oct, 21:02, Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

Translation: In the end, no one cares why they ****ed up, they're
history in CA.

CA = Civil Aviation?

Ramapriya
Forum: Piloting October 27th 09, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On 27 Oct, 00:01, george wrote:
On Oct 26, 11:40*am, Mike Ash wrote:

In article
,
Forum: Piloting October 25th 09, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On Oct 25, 8:13*am, D Ramapriya wrote:

Sorry, there were two typos - read "flights" for "pilots" and
"intercepted" for "detected" :)

Ramapriya
Forum: Piloting October 25th 09, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Airliner crew flies 150 miles past airport

On Oct 24, 8:35*pm, "Aluckyguess" wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message

I have a hard time texting over 13k feet.
they fell asleep. *Im surprised...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 09, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 5, 9:43*pm, C Gattman wrote:
On Oct 4, 6:54*pm, BeechSundowner wrote:

I haven't had a bad experience with a passenger, customer, student,
Forum: Piloting October 5th 09, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
NW_Pilot

On Oct 5, 2:19*pm, NW_Pilot wrote:
I am still here... alive and well!!!

I trust security forces are in place to hold back the swarming
masses ;)

Ramapriya
Forum: Piloting September 30th 09, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Sep 30, 3:13*am, Clark wrote:
D Ramapriya wrote in news:2c0fab6a-a8d4-4889-a0ef-
:

As for the accuracy of...
Forum: Piloting September 29th 09, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By D Ramapriya
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Sep 28, 10:00*am, Clark wrote:
D Ramapriya wrote in news:e238c979-3550-4a59-87f1-
:

On Sep 28,...