Search: Posts made by: Mike N.
Forum: Soaring May 14th 20, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
perhaps a "wanted" thread?

I have an 80mm Sage I'd sell.
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Bailout and survival kit

Any comments on static lines?

My S-H glider has an in cockpit attachment point for a static line.

I am interested in comments on bailing out in am emergency.
Not as interested in the captain...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 20, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
A somewhat different perspective on germs.

Ahhem, I will admit that this made me laugh: "I presume he is a comedian because if not he is, on balance, totally misleading."
Forum: Soaring May 12th 20, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
A somewhat different perspective on germs.

Be advised the following is a link to a Gerorge Carlin video with extremely strong language.

DON'T WATCH IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
https://youtu.be/JSbT7JVNEU4
Forum: Soaring May 8th 20, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Soaring Contest and Coronavirus

There is nothing in our constitution I am aware of, that states our 1st ammendment rights can be "temporarily" suspended. For good reason.

The protests against overreaching mandates in certain...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 20, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Soaring Contest and Coronavirus

Agreed as well. With a further add on point.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of...
Forum: Soaring April 13th 20, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Battery switching without tears

I see this issue with my S80 in my Ventus Ct with two batteries.

The S80 powers my Flarm as designed.

When switching between my main battery and second battery I often, but not always have the...
Forum: Soaring April 8th 20, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Gliding in quarantine video

👍🤣😁👍
Forum: Soaring April 5th 20, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Battery switching without tears

Nice, I have the same issue and have been thinking along these same lines.
Forum: Soaring April 5th 20, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
How About Story Time

OK I have one that may be interesting because it is somewhat unusual.
I started glider training December 13th, 1996. I had been wanting to learn to fly for many years after watching gliders take off...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 20, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

👍👍👍
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 20, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Seminole Lake Glider Port.

That's probably debatable.
Currently you can still go boating where I am. Obviously by yourself or with persons you are already in contact with.

Gliding is even more isolated. Of course this has...
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 20, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Skysight Seeyou Mobile Oudie interface

Using Navatier updater to load Skysight.io weather to an Oudie 2 works well using SeeYou mobile on the Oudie 2.

The Skysight.io weather will display on the Oudie 2 SeeYou map. I typically update it...
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 20, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Seminole Lake Glider Port.

👍cool stuff
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 20, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

"Now that's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny"
LTCG
Forum: Soaring March 30th 20, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Soaring already DOA for the season???

I've been skeptical of the projections of mortality rates for some time.
The article about the Swiss, and their reading of this is similar. As well as the recent change of the model to a reduced...
Forum: Soaring March 28th 20, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Record Numbers Flying US Nightly Soaring!

Isn't it necessary to have the task already saved locally on my local computer under the flight tasks folder?

I believe that's the only way the turn point show up on the flight computer in the...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 20, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Soaring already DOA for the season???

I'm not interested in debating this. Read the article and draw your own conclusions.

The point of the article is that the models of infection and death rate have been skewed to high.

It is...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 20, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Solo 2350D won't start

I'll call Seminole tomorrow and see if they can troubleshoot.

I am also thinking about getting the pump rebuild lots mentioned earlier in the thread.

Thanks
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
Solo 2350D won't start

I am having a similar problem in my Ventus Ct. Mine will not start at all.

Is there any way to check for spark on the ground?
I pulled the plugs and hand propped while holding the plugs to the side...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
The Decline of Soaring Awards

If you can find a copy for sale on eBay the book: Soaring For Diamonds is a great read. About flying 1-26 to various levels of badges, including Diamond.
This is the 1st book I read about soaring and...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 20, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
We Didn't Row The Boat Around Lake O !!

Bob, put me on the list of want to be participants.

My email is mikelleen AT gmail ...etc

Please keep me posted on how this event is shaping up.

Thanks for this effort. Should be fun.

Mike
Forum: Soaring March 17th 20, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
We Didn't Row The Boat Around Lake O !!

At my home in North Port FL which is about an hours drive south of Tampa.

I was seeing and feeling huge thermals come through.

My wife was wondering why the wind would all of a sudden go from...
Forum: Soaring March 17th 20, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mike N.
SkySight Tutorials

👍👍👍👍👍