Private airport or small field for landout? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I'm a former cfi-i/mei and commercial glider pilot, but I've never gone cross-country in my PW-5 glider. Training up for it though. A question: If you are in an area where the fields are small, but there are several private airfields around, which should be your priority? Seems to me...
by MNLou Go to last post
31 50 Soaring
DG-303 spar issues - puchase? by Paul[_11_]
For a new glider pilot, do you think a DG-303 glider would be a good glider to purchase? I really like the design, and I've tried to understand all the issues that occurred around 2007 (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!starred/rec.aviation.soaring/SspUMjJ-YYo), however not sure what the end result...
by rudolph stutzmann Go to last post
30 127 Soaring
Cobra Trailer Keys by Steve Leonard[_2_]
I have just sent the question to Wings and Wheels, but thought I would ask here as well. I have Key EK200. They now sell EK200A and EK200B. Anyone know if the keys are the same, but maybe just with and without the black plastic at the top of they key? They show EK450 both with and without...
Today 12:39 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
7 28 Soaring
AOA indicator poll. by Luc Job
Hi! I have developed last year a solid-state AOA indicator, based on a differential pressure measurement (total pressure/pressure at angle) Undoubtedly, this is a primary flight instrument to me: -It shows where you are aerodynamically speaking, independently of all the variable parameters:...
by Luc Job[_2_] Go to last post
43 95 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Less than three months after the first US death from the novel coronovirus, today the US death toll from Covid-19 has passed 100,000.
Today 12:24 AM
by kirk.stant Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
Do you own an IMI Power Rigger? by William Kautter
I'm considering the purchase of an IMI Power Rigger. If you own one I would very much appreciate information about your experience with it. Bill
Yesterday 10:41 PM
by 6PK Go to last post
2 13 Soaring
Will 5G Kill Your GPS Receiver? by Larry Dighera
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2020/may/21/garmin-sees-gps-threat-from-ligado-approval-vote?utm_source=ebrief&utm_medium=email Garmin sees GPS threat from Ligado approval vote May 21, 2020 By Dan Namowitz A GPS-industry giant wants the Federal Communications Commission to purge the...
Yesterday 03:56 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 9 Piloting
Just out - the first colour e-ink android phone ... XCSoar folks take notice by Stephen Szikora
Just out - the first color e-ink android phone ... XCSoar folks take notice.. I’ve searched and read through many thread on sunlight readability and devices in the cockpit and those that lament the lack of a new Dell Streak 5 with transflective display. Sure, newer OMELED phones are brighter but...
Yesterday 01:54 PM
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post
5 82 Soaring
Open 2-Seater Trailer F/S with possible immediate delivery by Michael Opitz
Listing for Central Mississippi Soaring which lost their Twin Astir G-103 due to an accident. Trailer is in good condition, relatively new tires, has surge brakes, and trailers well. Configured for a Twin Astir, but can be reconfigured for most any 16.5 meter 2-seater, etc. Sellers will be in...
Yesterday 01:41 PM
by Roy B. Go to last post
3 26 Soaring
winter 57mm altimeter like new - $ 600 by [email protected]
I bought this altimeter brand new about 3 years ago. It works and feels as brand new. It is mounted in the panel of my Stemme S10 vt. The reason I am selling it is because I replacing it with a digital altimeter. Anyone interested text me at seven six zero, seven zero three 0869. Mario
Yesterday 12:38 PM
by Rakel Go to last post
1 14 Soaring
For Sale: Naviter Oudie IGC - like new by Jamie Shore
For Sale on eBay - see link below All communication will be handled through eBay system. More than $1,150 to buy a new Oudie IGC while this one is like new. About 1..5 years old and never used in an aircraft - never left the office. This Oudie IGC is like new condition with about three hours of...
6 22 Soaring
K2 battery endurance by John Silverberg
Hi, I'm hoping someone with experience with K2 batteries can help determine if mine are due for replacement. I have dual K2 batteries wired in parallel to supply avionics power. I have an LX9000, S8 and V8 varios, trig transponder, FLARM core, and becker com radio running off them. I'm not sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 04:47 AM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post