Search: Posts made by: Tango Whisky
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 20, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Solo 2350 Un-Pickle procedure

I'm flying a Ventus cM for the 15th season. In fall, I do the maintenance as per the manual, put 5 ml oil in each carburettor, turn the prop a couple of times, seal the carburettors with plastic bags...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 20, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
KGARS - Kiting Glider Automatic Relase System

Le mercredi 20 mai 2020 13:30:05 UTC+2, Sci Fi a Ă©critÂ*:

It is true that increasing tow rope angle precedes a towplane upset, it
is
=
not exclusive to upsets. That is why I suggested...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 20, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Glider release failure?

Landing with 40 m of rope tangling from the nose of the glider is a no-event. Just come in 10 m higher, and touch ground with a very light slip.
Forum: Soaring May 15th 20, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Glider release failure?

Le vendredi 15 mai 2020 14:30:26 UTC+2, waremark a Ă©critÂ*:
I was at the field when a glider could not release. The combination descended back to the airfield with the rope still attached at both...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
2014 Pictures of a Glider Mid-Air and Bailout

Le mardi 12 mai 2020 20:58:15 UTC+2, Nick Kennedy a Ă©critÂ*:
I'm glad that old guy got out OK
Cracks me up how they keep saying " The wing fell off"
The media can get it soo wrong!
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 1st 20, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
How About Story Time

Le vendredi 1 mai 2020 16:26:49 UTC+2, Nick Kennedy a Ă©critÂ*:
Eric
Good Morning
Like I said I went to 2 of Dick Johnson's camps at Marfa to fly the Shear Wave.
I got about 10 flights in...
Forum: Soaring May 1st 20, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Minimum acceptable self-launch climb rate

Le vendredi 1 mai 2020 17:15:05 UTC+2, Dave Walsh a Ă©critÂ*:
At 20:45 30 April 2020, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 10:48:55 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St.
Cloud wrote:
Forum: Soaring April 21st 20, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Favorite Aviation Films

"Les Chevalliers du Ciel"
French movie, nice flying sequences on Mirage 2000 and Alphajet, lots of participation of the French Airforce.
Forum: Soaring April 15th 20, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Record height for a winch launch?

That was in FĂĽrstenfeldbrug near Munich on a military runway with 10'000 ft of Spectra rope.
Forum: Soaring April 9th 20, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Gliding in quarantine video

I drive a Ventus cM as well. I always do it like that :-)
Forum: Soaring April 9th 20, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Best option for electric self starting glider

Magnus, with a LAK17C you won't be able to take off safely from Montricher, especially not to the northeast. I wouldn't go for less than 50 hp, and that leaves you with Ventus 2CM, DG800, Antares 20E...
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 20, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Soaring already DOA for the season???

Wll, we Swiss are supposed to be kind of neutral ;-)
Forum: Soaring March 30th 20, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Soaring already DOA for the season???

To be clear: Nobody cares about US internals, and not a lot of people care how you handle Covid-19 in the US.

Have fun with the Orange Man.
Forum: Soaring March 30th 20, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Soaring already DOA for the season???

Switzerland is locked down, like all countries who's leaders have some brains left.
Forum: Soaring March 30th 20, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Soaring already DOA for the season???

By what means is Switzerland still open?!
Forum: Soaring March 21st 20, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Helium bubbles used to show bird aerodynamics

Absolutely. On a modern glider, this slope goes through zero at the angle of attack of best L/D (zero lift = minimum drag). Below that speed, the tailplane produces lift, above it produces downward...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 20, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Coronavirus impacting activities?

If you don't stay home, you're helping the virus to kill others.
Get real.
Forum: Soaring March 20th 20, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Coronavirus impacting activities?

Not much willing to learn....
Forum: Soaring March 20th 20, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
O2, Question for medics.

What is needed are breathing apparatus.
Completely differnt game.
Forum: Soaring March 5th 20, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Flarmnet

I've lost 4 friends in midairs before the introduction of Flarm.

Maybe you should come flying in the Alps or the Jura mountains on a pristine day to experience real glider traffic, and understand...
Forum: Soaring March 2nd 20, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
SSA Contest Rules and Waiver for Nationals Now Posted

Most cell phonew have gyros.
ixGyro pro works pretty well.
Forum: Soaring February 21st 20, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Possible to convert Ventus Ct to Cm?

I did ask the question Schempp-Hirth last year on behalf of a friend, and the flat answer was "no".
Forum: Soaring February 13th 20, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Glider Towplane Mid-air – TP PowerFLARM Inop

I fly in differnt countries, and on occasion there are rocks on my right hand side. There is no "on fits all" rule, just airmanship.
Forum: Soaring February 12th 20, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
On Electric Aircraft

You mean that a glider hs a higher mass after releasing from tow because you added potential energy??
Forum: Soaring February 4th 20, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tango Whisky
Rigging grease recommendations for long-term-rigged gliders

Le mardi 4 fĂ©vrier 2020 09:08:00 UTC+1, krasw a Ă©critÂ*:
Hard to think there is any techincal requirement for special grease with glider main and lift pins. The enviroment is not that extreme....