Composite tool review by [email protected]
I am thinking about upgrading my composite repair game. Does anyone have experience with these...
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by dale bush Go to last post
96 245 Soaring
Soaring Club Financials by [email protected]
Haven't seen much discussion of this topic and I'm rather curious what the consensus is. I know of some clubs that did not open this year. Other clubs opened late and still others opened and just as quickly closed. I'm curious what kind of shape that leaves the soaring community at large with to...
Barographs? by Tony[_5_]
Anyone have a Barograph or two sitting on a shelf collecting dust? I would like to put one or two of these relics back into service generating FAI Badges. Replogle preferred as that is what I have experience with, however I'll consider any other model. Thanks! Tony
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
47 1,865 Soaring
Paint for white fiberglass trailer top by Senna Van den Bosch
I got an older Anschau Komet trailer that needs some care and decided to repaint the entire top side, which is white painted fiberglass. What paint would you recommend for doing this? I'd like it to be a bit glossy and waterproof, as the trailer will stay outside in summer but hangared in winter....
Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
Yesterday 08:52 PM
by George Haeh Go to last post
2 25 Soaring
Looking for good references on maintaining Fiberglass/Gelcoat finish by David Wrinkle
I just purchased my first glider and I am struggling to locate via google any good articles, books, manuals, videos, etc... on what methods and practices are available to keep the finish of a gel coated glider up to snuff. There seem to be at least two basic schools of thought, one utilizing...
Yesterday 07:15 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
6 80 Soaring
An opportunity for people from our demographic to contribute by son_of_flubber
Here is a way to do something about the impact of Covid-19 on Soaring. COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) Volunteer Screening Registry is the way to connect volunteers to practical studies related Covid-19. For example, volunteers, especially older volunteers are sorely needed for Phase III...
by Gregg Ballou[_2_] Go to last post