L 33 Solo Gliders by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
In the W&W Claasifieds there is a L33 Solo listed for 13K Canadian, that about 9400 USD. I read Dick Johnsons flight report and he liked it, he was concerned that it had very little aerodynamic stall warning and would readily drop into a spin. He thought it best if low timers had real spin...
by Charles Longley Go to last post
42 154 Soaring
New PIK20 E canopies available limited time (maybe works forPIK20 B,D) by Bret Hess
Hi, There are no spare canopies from the run. But the same mold is owned by a PIK20 owner in CA, and it could be shipped to the manufacturer in LA for about $200 each way. I can give you more information. Bret
Today 05:03 AM
by Bret Hess Go to last post
1 1 Soaring
ELY 2020 by [email protected]
Good news for Ely soaring fans. First, great thanks to Keith for providing his Cessna and arranging tow pilot. Towing service in Ely will be available from June 29 until July 18 for 10 pilots. Reservation fee is 150 $ per week. Weekly increments only. Towing cost will be based per tach time,...
Needing a Conditional Inspection (west coast) by Randy Teel
I am looking for someone to do a Conditional Inspection on my DG1000M. I am located in Grants Pass, OR. I have contacted Williams Soaring and it is about a 5-7 week wait. I have called a couple other individuals and have not gotten any response. My most reliable option is to tow it out to Moriarty...
Today 03:34 AM
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
9 25 Soaring
Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003. by Joseph Calash
In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him. https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487 The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because...
Today 01:47 AM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
7 36 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
34 116 Soaring
Trailer access calculation? by John McLaughlin
I want to bring my trailer home to do some maintenance while we're all grounded, but I'm not sure if I can access my house from the road. I have a 90deg bend to get around and then the second issue is a short, steep slope, which may ground the back of the trailer. So my question is, if I...
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
10 33 Soaring
Record Numbers Flying US Nightly Soaring! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, We had 33 pilots flying on US Nightly Soaring last night! More and more folks are getting back on Condor and having a great time. See report he https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/03/26/record-numbers-fly-us-nightly-soaring/ If you would like help getting involved on Condor, feel free...
Yesterday 10:08 PM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
3 22 Soaring
Astrir turbulator tapes by [email protected]
Hi Ruediger, there is a drawing from Grob, specifying the turbulator location for the single-seaters as follows (distances measured on the pressure side of the wing from the trailing edge to the trailing edge of the tape): Wing root: 360mm Inboard end of the aileron: 300mm Wing tip: 178mm Twin I...
Yesterday 08:51 PM
by Michael Opitz Go to last post
3 24 Soaring
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By Daryl Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By Daryl Kabatoff March 27 2020 11:41 am 31,865 words “The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them." –Canadian...
Yesterday 06:49 PM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 11 General Aviation
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By Daryl Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By Daryl Kabatoff March 27 2020 11:41 am 31,865 words “The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them." –Canadian...
Yesterday 06:47 PM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 10 Home Built
Are You Ashamed to Land Out? by [email protected]
Read the article regarding the diminishment of guys pursuing badges and a commonly held misconception that it takes greater than 30/1 to do xc, another thought came to mind. Namely, is there a stigma attached to landing out within the modern soaring community? Could this be a reason why guys are...
Life is Good in Condor-Land! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, *36* on last night! Juniors from all around the country! Come and join us tonight at 9pm! https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/03/27/life-is-good-in-condor-land/ Next week (starting Tuesday), we will fly in Nephi, Mifflin, and Omarama. Be sure to download Nephi, Ridge_North 2, and New...
Yesterday 06:03 PM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
3 15 Soaring
The Decline of Soaring Awards by John Foster
I read the recent article in Soaring and it has got me fired up. I have been a member of a small club in Washington State for the last 2 years, learning to fly. The club has a 2-33 and a Lark and a Pawnee. That's it. Badge flying has not been an emphasis, even though one qualifies for at...
by Bret Hess Go to last post