Search: Posts made by: R. Gardner
Forum: Piloting July 31st 08, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Dead Stick

Nice Job!!!!

"Big John" wrote in message
Turn audio on and listen to the heavy breathing :o)

Forum: Piloting May 26th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Air sickness

Yes it will fade possibbly and as mentioned the control of the airplane will
help.

Don't eat heavy before flying, keep cool air on you. Don't look at the
ground below you! The fast motion your...
Forum: Piloting December 3rd 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
A USMC sniper was real good at his job

Hooah!
"BarneyFife" wrote in message
A USMC sniper was real good at his job. This sniper had a method. He would
yell out some insult at the...
Forum: Piloting December 2nd 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Buried...

Its headed for PA Sunday morning, glad I got my flying in today!

Ron Gardner

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting November 7th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Any CAP pilots?

I saw her speak several times, but I missed that one! Ya know even the best
politician screws up sometimes. I hope someone straightened her out there
seems to be enough bad press already going...
Forum: Piloting November 7th 07, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Any CAP pilots?

Boy the WY outfit sounds bad, however here in PA I do not see those
problems. We take the mission and training very serious. By the way there
are 3 missions not 2, the old SAR and Aerospace Ed...
Forum: Piloting October 11th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
"The Unit" on CBS Features GA

Speaking of the squawk, No one seemed to notice that he then reached up and
appeared to be pushing the buttons on the #1 Nav radio. Boy I just hain't
that when they can do it right and screw it up...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
AFSS response time

The weekend after they closed the FSS at IPT my local airport, I called to
file a VFR to HMZ. I spent twenty minutes on hold with a recording
repeatedly saying " please hold your call is important...
Forum: Piloting September 29th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Dual Trim Switches?

That is exactly what I was taught learning the Mooney M20C meny years ago!

Ron Gardner

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting September 22nd 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
What's gonna happen to CAP?

Robert

It sounds to me to be a regional problem. I deliberately baited him just to
see the response.

He is saying nothing that we in PA do not do routinely in CAP. We all know
our terrain and...
Forum: Piloting September 20th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
What's gonna happen to CAP?

So you monitor the satalites that recieve the ELT data not USAF? Last I
heard there is still a Montana Wing.

"Newps" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting September 20th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
What's gonna happen to CAP?

UM! Who is we? USAF is the ones who intiate an AC search, never heard they
call anyone but CAP.

"Newps" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting August 7th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Curtis Aircraft Company in New Jersey

Ok you all got me wondering!
A search reveals he was from Hammondsport NY, It appears the first factories
were in Buffalo and in Southern California. My quick look turned up no
referance to NJ but...
Forum: Piloting August 5th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Curtis Aircraft Company in New Jersey

Don't believe it was! Curtis was in Hammondsport, NY at the South tip of
one of the Finger Lakes. Near several large Wineries
"AJ" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting April 25th 07, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Variations in soft field landings

Not a newbie issue, years ago while flying at a USAF aero club. The club
manager with plenty of hours did that in a M20C. Damn near canceled my CA
to PA cross country for my 21st Birthday but...
Forum: Piloting March 24th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
How many here learned to fly under the "GI Bill?"

No one ever learned to fly! GI bill gave benifits once you had your PP
tocontinue on to become a comercial pilot or better. The intent is that you
had to be able to get a job with the training...
Forum: Piloting February 27th 07, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Helicopter Pilot Recieves Medal of Honor

Reporteadly none of the Generals in the theater had the power to request it.
Personnally I think they just did not follow though. The the movie came out
and brought it back to light.

"Danny...
Forum: Piloting February 27th 07, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Helicopter Pilot Recieves Medal of Honor

I knew people in that unit just after this battle, but I to saw the movie
and then had to get the book. The book and reports I heard really showed
how close the movie was to the truth which is...
Forum: Piloting February 27th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Helicopter Pilot Recieves Medal of Honor

Bruce Crandall finally received what I think was long over due! If you saw
the movie "We Were Soldiers", he was the pilot that repeatedly flew back
into the hot LZ to bring in supplies and more...
Forum: Piloting January 3rd 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
MSFS X impressions

From my old days in USAF Flight Sim, 30 FPS is as slow as you can go and not
see the flicker or effect, some can even pick it up here.

I installed it on a system for a local CAP unit, my first...
Forum: Piloting November 23rd 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By R. Gardner
Today, I'm thankful for ATC

Dwight,

That brings back memories of flying out there, got my training at a grass
strip east of Vacaville and a Travis AFB and did the checkride over at
Buchannon. I remember some of the haze but...