Search: Posts made by: mart
Forum: Soaring October 15th 20, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
LS6 (a, b) NEO

On Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 4:16:29 am UTC+10, wrote:
Hello everyone,
the first LS6 B with Neo winglets exist and already flown in the past.
The process of...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 20, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
Borgelt Dynamis variometer

I know the quintus pilot quite well and he is very happy with the vario and obviously still flying with it. So happy that his wife, who flies a 31 , now also has one.
The installation involves 2...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 20, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
AUSTRALIAN SCANDAL FROM GLIDING INTERNATIONAL MARCH 2020 ISSUE

All the evidence of the other teams having the same data are circumstancial..

Talk about the live tracking data was not hidden. Like pilots knew Australia had it, Australians knew other countries...
Forum: Soaring March 5th 20, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
AUSTRALIAN SCANDAL FROM GLIDING INTERNATIONAL MARCH 2020 ISSUE

OGN data is hidden if the flarm is set that way but it has a very easy, commonly used workaround. Someone at the end of the runway with an antenna that writes down registrations.

And no,it is not...
Forum: Soaring March 4th 20, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
AUSTRALIAN SCANDAL FROM GLIDING INTERNATIONAL MARCH 2020 ISSUE

Some more info.

Australian had access to life tracking data through a sub page on the tracking website. The page was not password protected and completely availible to everybody that knew where to...
Forum: Soaring January 21st 20, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
WWGC.

It is getting complicated.

Since is allowed to collect the data with an ogn reciever, it is clearly allowed to have the data. Therefore the australian team can't be penalised for having the data...
Forum: Soaring January 21st 20, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
WGC Final Report, John Good

I completely agree that it should be pilot skills and not technology that determines the winners.

Your idea is unfortunately very easy to circumvent, put someone in a car near the end of the...
Forum: Soaring January 20th 20, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
WWGC.

Hi Andy, you will have to strip search pilots and gliders to prevent them bringing mobiles on board.

So it is either completely let go of this type of regulation since it is so easily circumvented...
Forum: Soaring January 19th 20, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
WWGC.

I have heard from several pilots that it is very easy to crack flarm instruments to give full information.
Forum: Soaring January 19th 20, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
WWGC.

So,Australia got 'caught' using freely availible live tracking information from the web. Nobody knows who else was using it, it was just a few clicks away. It is always more likely an English...
Forum: Soaring January 24th 19, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
flarm mouse or powerflarm

Hi all, thanks for the answers.
One other big difference is that in Australia the powerflarm is $385 more expensive. I really like the bluetooth since I run xcsoar as an optional next to my oudie...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 19, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
flarm mouse or powerflarm

Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrading my flarm. Both the PowerMouse as the PowerFlarm have a bigger reach and they show the climb rates of other pilots.

I wonder which one is the better unit. I...
Forum: Soaring January 27th 10, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
reverse the last thing you did.

Hi All,

Thanks for most responses. I have learned a few things.

About the flaps always being locked, the flap lever moves in a long
slot with on one side the hooks to lock them. They only work in...
Forum: Soaring January 26th 10, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By mart
reverse the last thing you did.

I had an interesting talk in Narromine last week with a local
instructor about my LS6. I bought it because I thought it to have few
vices.

He knew one.One that almost killed him.

Coming back after...
Forum: Soaring November 26th 07, 09:48 PM
Posted By mart
Wouldn't it be possible to locate the winch...

Wouldn't it be possible to locate the winch outside the airfield's
boundary, and launch with a longer rope on a 600m runway?
Is this common practice at some glider sites?

We do. Mount Beauty...
Forum: Soaring October 31st 07, 08:24 AM
Posted By mart
gliding is not dangerous, but it can be highly...

gliding is not dangerous, but it can be highly unforgiving.

Every decision should be a consious one.

"Is it safe to fly in that direction?"

"should I fly with a audio vario or flarm?"

"did...
Forum: Soaring October 29th 07, 10:20 AM
Posted By mart
Wink look at it from the other side. If you and the...

look at it from the other side.

If you and the people around you do everything right, you won't hear flarm.

If you or somebody around you makes a mistake you will hear the alarm.

The trick is...
Forum: Soaring April 20th 07, 11:55 PM
Posted By mart
I read the report on the DG website and it all...

I read the report on the DG website and it all looks very nice except the last words; end of discussion. That rubs me the wrong way.
As far as I know this is not a warranty issue but a building...
Forum: Soaring March 13th 07, 09:13 PM
Posted By mart
Smile solarflares.

sure love those solarflares popping. We had the best summer ever. Now in autumn still 6meter...
Forum: Soaring February 21st 07, 12:05 PM
Posted By mart
read all about it and see some pics of the clouds...

read all about it and see some pics of the clouds those dumbasses flew under at www.ozreport.com

Mart
Forum: Soaring February 16th 07, 10:29 PM
Posted By mart
In Australia they have found what I think is a...

In Australia they have found what I think is a very good answer to low finishes. A sort of middle way. You have to have a ticket to do them. That is; you fly with a instructor who teaches you to do...
Forum: Soaring January 7th 07, 09:26 PM
Posted By mart
Gap tallard airport is a very busy airport in the...

Gap tallard airport is a very busy airport in the middle of the French Alps,surrounded by high mountains. Due to the fact that a Brittish glider pilot caught a free falling parachutist a few years...
Forum: Soaring January 6th 07, 12:59 PM
Posted By mart
....and will an ASW20B give the carrot to the...

....and will an ASW20B give the carrot to the ASW27?

I noticed that John Coutts flew 8km/hour slower than Laurens Goudriaan on task 7 and lost 11 points.
Task 8 he flew 10 km faster and won 219...