Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday? by Sean Fidler
I just listened to this news on a major news network and pseudo confirmed it he http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1374687 The newsperson actually said, "Why didn't this glider have a transponder, why wasn't this glider talking to someone, how is this possible…" live on the...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
128 778 Soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark shock absorber replacement/rebuild by [email protected]
My Twin Lark (located in West Virginia) needs its shock absorber repaired/overhauled or replaced (it's fully depleted and a nitrogen re-charge did not help). I've received help from others so far, but welcome additional insight, sources, recommendations, etc. on either repairing or replacing this...
5 87 Soaring
Solution Manual Introduction to Communication Systems (Upamanyu Madhow) by [email protected]
need Solution Manual Principles of Communications : Systems, Modulation, and Noise - International Student Version (6th Ed., Rodger E. Ziemer, William H. Tranter)
Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience and effectiveness? by WaltWX[_2_]
Can anyone recommend the Beringer disc brake kit for Ventus, Discus or Schemmp-Hirth gliders? I'm seriously considering retrofitting my D2A after a nearly disastrous run off the runway up at Ely ... partially due to fading brake (plenty of pilot error problems too...) I'm especially interested in...
by Tango Whisky Go to last post
21 56 Soaring
Thunderbird crash in 72 by [email protected]
The pilot was Major Joseph C. Howard. He attended NC State 1958-1962. I attended school with him 12 years in Ahoskie NC and 4 years at NC State. I spoke with him briefly by phone the Sunday morning of accident. The Air Force never makes public the cause of any crash. The F-4 had problems...
1 352 General Aviation
Is there a nose hook modification for a standard cirrus by [email protected]
I bought a standard cirrus. I havent flown it yet, but I was wondering if it's possible to put a nose hook on the plane?
by krasw Go to last post
34 171 Soaring
Communicating with OLC by [email protected]
How does one communicate with OLC? I sent a service request days ago without a reply to date. ID and password does not work anymore; it has worked fine for months and AOK up until a week ago. Is membership account dependent on age of your "donation"?
Today 08:22 AM
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
4 17 Soaring
how does one find a co-owner? by [email protected]
Hi everyone, I'm new to the gliding community. This is my first post on RAS, though I have been reading for a few months. I'm a power pilot transitioning to gliders. I have not yet soloed a glider, but I have enjoyed my glider flights more than any other aviation experience I have had to date. It...
Today 03:52 AM
by Morgan[_2_] Go to last post
9 113 Soaring
US: Pilot Ranking List for 2018 by John Leibacher
With the conclusion of Region 4 North, the 2017 sanctioned contests are finished, and the first release of the Pilot Ranking List for 2018 is available on the Soaring Servers at http://soaringweb.org/PRL, http://soaring.gahsys.com/PRL, http://serkowski.com/soaring/PRL, and...
Today 02:25 AM
by MNLou Go to last post
2 28 Soaring
Twin lark/blannik L13 strut help needed by [email protected]
Hi there, I'm trying to fill my olio gas strut on my twin Lark but like most everything on this Romanian built glider it's a wonky system with words threads and couplings. Does anyone have the regulator/fill coupler for this glider? I hear that since it's been sitting for 9 years it probably...
Today 01:55 AM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
1 18 Soaring
Cal Fire Over My House [2/3] - 10_15_2017 Cal Fire aircraft overhead house 9.JPG (2/2) by Miloch
MESNR3^%\(J:YNIT)JYFQ&X;.PG\.M-F),I)4JI/'/W?:MXN4(J6YA7:NZIS53W]F*-J4M!^W$8&\E2D=J&&Y/E!(S M7-UNUQJK:]]Q8]LQ&X$`G M7%(&`^\C*1QR036W(*S=.',H*Y; %#&H:E'XM MC1*#T%CL&`&0.,XZTBJ-^X84#G;4P:M$*G?#$8WBI]CJQ?+&R6YHTU87"^60 MNG-...
Today 12:11 AM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 3 Aviation Photos
Cal Fire Over My House [1/3] - 10_15_2017 Cal Fire aircraft overhead house 6.JPG (2/2) by Miloch
M)U#8/^Z.*IVC'E21"C-R5F.#L.2W7]#2!5#[email protected]?,*EIVNS;FN)CC`&?/4TDNY.]__P!=*NXG]/_`*U.+6#]:P4GW5NI(/7\*&G M?W28RW3$+!F((!QCKW_H*0*1G'`!X.,^F*NRM=;%-ZV0*^S!Y^;[email protected]?K_GO )/&3DUI"/4&U'[email protected]/D4,?RI"`J3:3;05,G M;05JQX'"DC)')QVJ/*LN74CMG'!/J/Z_P!*%)-...
Today 12:11 AM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 2 Aviation Photos
2018 FAI SGP USA 🇺🇸 Registration Opened by Sean Fidler
Registration is now open: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2018 FAI SGP USA Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/FAISailplaneGrandPrixUSA/ Official Competition Dates: March 26, 2018 - April 1, 2018 Competition Venue: Seminole Lake Gliderport, Clermont (Orlando), Florida
Yesterday 11:41 PM
by Sean Fidler 7T Go to last post