Search: Posts made by: krasw
Forum: Soaring May 26th 21, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Aileron "fences" for ASW-28

On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 at 22:52:41 UTC+3, soaringjac wrote:
Where would one buy these fences? I was told they are aftermarket mods, but it seems like every ASW-28 has them installed. Where can...
Forum: Soaring May 15th 21, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Help finding a glider

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 22:16:00 UTC+3, John Bartholomew wrote:
Hey all, If anyone can help, it would be hugely appreciated. I am looking for a newer standard class glider. I am 6'2" so some are...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 21, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Thursday, 6 May 2021 at 18:54:14 UTC+3, jfitch wrote:
The paper is fairly circumspect on the details of what they are doing. Their claim that this hasn't been done before seems disingenuous,...
Forum: Soaring May 6th 21, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Thursday, 6 May 2021 at 00:15:44 UTC+3, Eric Greenwell wrote:
"The mathematical system theory also answers the question under what conditions
a wind estimation is possible. In the case of a...
Forum: Soaring May 5th 21, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Wednesday, 5 May 2021 at 01:35:20 UTC+3, Aldo Cernezzi wrote:

When flying in the mountains, instant wind vector display is an absolute advantage. In the flatland, an averaged calculation may...
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 21, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 14:26:10 UTC+3, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 3:53:58 PM UTC+10, krasw wrote:
On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 08:58:35 UTC+3, Matthew Scutter wrote:
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 21, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Weglide.org

I've been browsing weglide and posting some old flights there. After few weeks of learning to use it, here is my first impression. The user interface is a text book example how to do pretty (hmmm)...
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 21, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 08:58:35 UTC+3, Matthew Scutter wrote:
Would you expect it to function meaningfully differently in the flatlands? Circling wind should work just fine in a homogenous...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 21, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Wednesday, 28 April 2021 at 18:54:08 UTC+3, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Have you read the Butterfly installation manual? I have read it, I have
installed a Butterfly vario, and it was a challenge,...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 21, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Hawk Wind

On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 20:27:19 UTC+3, wrote:
Has anyone any experience yet with the new Lxnav Hawk Wind program? Sounds superficially to me like it might be an...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Weglide.org

Fair enough, though I have received response from OLC every time I've had a problem.
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Weglide.org

On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 13:01:54 UTC+3, Andreas Maurer wrote:
I dare to predict that at least in Germany OLC will be redundant after
this summer, and I'd love to see the rest of the World...
Forum: Soaring April 1st 21, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
AHRS and competition/badges/records/OLC ?

On my best OLC flights I almost always take climbs inside cu. My glider is equipped, I have rating, it's legal, it's not against OLC rules. Same applies for badges and records. In competitions it is...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 21, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Ventus b flap sealing

Mylars do not seal the gap, to create airtight barrier you need that s-tape.
Forum: Soaring March 25th 21, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

On Sunday, 7 March 2021 at 12:06:18 UTC+2, wrote:
Good morning,

My name is Douglas and I am a glider pilot here in the UK.

I would like to start a friendly...
Forum: Soaring March 25th 21, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

On Thursday, 25 March 2021 at 04:09:11 UTC+2, ProfJ wrote:

So the Sportssoldaten are not subsidized with taxpayer money, they're just paid by the government to fly full time? OK, got it. And...
Forum: Soaring March 25th 21, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

On Thursday, 25 March 2021 at 04:09:11 UTC+2, ProfJ wrote:

So the Sportssoldaten are not subsidized with taxpayer money, they're just paid by the government to fly full time? OK, got it. And...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 21, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The latest glider covers?

On Tuesday, 23 March 2021 at 14:53:54 UTC+2, Eric Greenwell wrote:
What, specifically is "just awful" about using outdoor covers in a hangar? Will harm come to
the glider?

Well I was quite...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 21, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The latest glider covers?

On Monday, 22 March 2021 at 21:52:40 UTC+2, Mark Mocho wrote:
The dust covers would probably have worked for me, but the difference in price wasn't enough to make me go the cheap route.

Dust...
Forum: Soaring March 17th 21, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue?

On Tuesday, 16 March 2021 at 01:40:43 UTC+2, ProfJ wrote:

Seriously, though, those young folks who you do see promoting the sport are all coming from countries where gliding is heavily...
Forum: Soaring February 25th 21, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Another way to replacing instrument panels

We would anyone go trough all this trouble when you can lay up a new panel over piece of mdf or plywood sawed to original form and basically copy any factory panel (+flanges), with few hours work?...
Forum: Soaring February 23rd 21, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
The Yellow Triangle

Rounding out with high airspeed and applying airbrakes in the process? Yikes.
Forum: Soaring February 16th 21, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Your Opinion Would Be Appreciated

On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:01:34 UTC+2, Mike Carris wrote:
You do not paint over gelcoat. You remove it and start from the bare airframe.

Mike

I've never seen a painted glider that...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 21, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Weglide.org

On Saturday, 30 January 2021 at 02:34:21 UTC+2, Ramy wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 10:49:35 PM UTC-8, krasw wrote:
Yes why not angrily complain about missing feature in service that...
Forum: Soaring January 29th 21, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By krasw
Weglide.org

Yes why not angrily complain about missing feature in service that is free and barely at beta stage.