Silent sailplane auction at IVSM 2021 by KyleCharles
Today, I was on the Vintage Sailplane Association website for the first time in a few months. When checking the events page to make sure IVSM is still happening, I noticed something I have not seen before. Right in the middle of the paragraph about IVSM there is a sentence that reads: Silent...
Yesterday 06:18 PM
by sisu1a Go to last post
1 15 Soaring
polyurethane finishes by [email protected]
Hi all, I just purchased a glider with a factory PU finish. I'd like to know more about them, including: - best practices for maintenance - failure modes - method for repairing minor dings etc. - causes of wear and tear I am pretty familiar with gelcoat but know very little about PU.
new SSA web site by Moshe Braner
The "new web site" is live, and it is very slow to load, and I can't find anything... Where did the state records go? And when I tried to login it made me spend much time training Google's AI via a "Captcha" - I hate those things with a white-hot passion! And then it rejected my password. (I...
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
88 394 Soaring
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue? by Douglas Richardson
Good morning, My name is Douglas and I am a glider pilot here in the UK. I would like to start a friendly discussion about the decline of gliding and whether this is an issue outside of the UK. Within the UK gliding has been in decline for decades and according to discussion on gliderpilot.net ...
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
115 1,024 Soaring
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2 by Eric Greenwell[_4_]
Didn't make it to a new thread on the first attempt... ----------------------------------------- I moved this to a new thread, as it seemed to go in a different direction than Bob's original conversation starter. ----------------------------------------- Guy Acheson wrote on 4/9/2021 8:51 PM: ...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
56 201 Soaring
RV-friendly glider destinations? by Luke Scharf
My wife has talked me into purchasing a travel trailer with her. At least two of the glider operations I've been to (BRSS in New Castle Virginia and Seminole Lake in Florida) appeared to have RV-friendly camping areas. I'm wondering how many other glider operations around the US are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 10:29 AM
by David Shelton[_2_] Go to last post
11 70 Soaring
Einar Enevoldson passing by Semantics Michael
Einar Enevoldson passed away Thursday. Short bio at Perlan Project: https://perlanproject.org/member/einar-enevoldson
Yesterday 10:25 AM
by David Shelton[_2_] Go to last post
3 27 Soaring
You want cheap soaring? by Nicholas Kennedy
https://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/gliders/sie-3-4514.html You could get 2/3 guys together and this thing would be a blast. I bet it would climb to base with anything! Love the paintjob. Nick T
Yesterday 02:53 AM
by Eric Go to last post