Search: Posts made by: K Baum
Forum: Soaring November 4th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
Glider Insurance, which to choose?

On Nov 3, 8:01*pm, wrote:
Does anyone know of other glider insurance companies out there?

Try LL Johns
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
online cfig renewal

On Oct 22, 11:02*am, g l i d e r s t u d
wrote:
If you have signed off 5 initial students for their checkride, and
have an 80% pass rate, you can take those appropriate...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
OT: FAA Airworthiness *grumbles*

On Mar 8, 1:29*am, wrote:

The fatalities per million flights stats would confirm that SWA is
safer than only a few US airlines, namely: Alaska, Aloha, American,
Continental,...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
OT: FAA Airworthiness *grumbles*

On Mar 7, 9:40*am, Eric Greenwell wrote:
I'm paying for a safe, no-frills flight to my destination. I know I'm
getting the no-frills part, but do you have references...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 08, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
FAA Airworthiness *grumbles*

About interpretation of rules for SWA. *I have a lot of friends that
fly for Southwest. *They are very good and very professional. *If
their jets were not well maintained, they would squawk...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
FAA Airworthiness *grumbles*

On Mar 6, 8:46*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:

I may only be 30 years old, but I'm old-fashioned. *If you make a rule
and say its universal, then you sure as heck oughta apply it...
Forum: Soaring January 31st 08, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
ebay glider stuff

Dear Group,
A buddy recently listed some soaring stuff on Ebay for me that might
be of interest. First is a Repogle (SP) Baroghaph (Item 330208565173)
and the other item is an old Aviation radio for...
Forum: Soaring July 15th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By K Baum
OLC Issues

On Jul 15, 11:31 am, Greg Arnold wrote:
..

As far as I know, the OLC website does not yet have the ability to
handle a CAI file.

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Forum: Piloting June 29th 07, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

On Jun 29, 4:39 am, "El Maximo" wrote:

Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in...
Forum: Piloting June 28th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Even Less Gloom?

On Jun 27, 10:49 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Shall we go back to your guesses about my desires, my jealosies, or my
posting history (I think you're confusing me with...
Forum: Piloting June 26th 07, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Even Less Gloom?

On Jun 26, 9:32 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Oh, like United?

Rest of your pompous, FOS "guesstimate" snipped

Matt, you are making uninformed snide comments...
Forum: Piloting June 26th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Even Less Gloom?

On Jun 25, 7:09 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

That's not the point he's making (that it's _strictly_ union caused).

Matt, I have lurked on this list on and off for...
Forum: Piloting June 24th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Even Less Gloom?

On Jun 22, 8:07 pm, Jonathan Goodish wrote:
America works best when you say "Yes, Union. Yes!"

It may work best for YOU, but not for the consumer.

not true. It is...
Forum: Piloting May 12th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
preparing for commercial oral and practical

On May 11, 4:43 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
Jim Burns wrote:
Pre flights... what do you check, why do you check it, how do you identify a
discrepancy and how come you're not...
Forum: Piloting April 28th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
What if...

On Apr 26, 2:37 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Matt Barrow" wrote

With the gear down, however, you've narrowed your options. Over the
midwest,

How about the...
Forum: Piloting April 27th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I agree completely. I have stopped reading threads not because of one
poster, but because the need of a few others to keep trading insults.
I suspect a number of people on these groups are more...
Forum: Home Built April 24th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By K Baum
Sun N Fun '07 Redux

24 to 32 THOUSAND???

Are you sure?

Wow.

Well, Jim, the average Cirrus pilot is paying $10 - $15K annually for
insurance, from what I've been told.

Makes my $1200/year seem...
Forum: Owning April 24th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By K Baum
Sun N Fun '07 Redux

24 to 32 THOUSAND???

Are you sure?

Wow.

Well, Jim, the average Cirrus pilot is paying $10 - $15K annually for
insurance, from what I've been told.

Makes my $1200/year seem...
Forum: Piloting April 24th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By K Baum
Sun N Fun '07 Redux

24 to 32 THOUSAND???

Are you sure?

Wow.

Well, Jim, the average Cirrus pilot is paying $10 - $15K annually for
insurance, from what I've been told.

Makes my $1200/year seem...
Forum: Piloting April 23rd 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By K Baum
Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Here are a few high points, in no particular order, for those who may
have missed the show:

Jay, thanks for the post. I was only there for two days, and it is
great to "relive" the show...
Forum: Home Built April 23rd 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By K Baum
Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Here are a few high points, in no particular order, for those who may
have missed the show:

Jay, thanks for the post. I was only there for two days, and it is
great to "relive" the show...
Forum: Owning April 23rd 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By K Baum
Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Here are a few high points, in no particular order, for those who may
have missed the show:

Jay, thanks for the post. I was only there for two days, and it is
great to "relive" the show...
Forum: Piloting April 14th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Critique of: Crash Risk in General Aviation

Larry,
not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, but if you are going
to rebut this article you should have some references. Your opinion is
nice, but facts would be better. For example you...
Forum: Piloting April 8th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Why The Hell... (random rant)

On Apr 7, 4:14 pm, wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:49 pm, "K Baum" wrote:

I think we're working with different definitions of training. The
first officer,...
Forum: Piloting April 7th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By K Baum
Hypoglycemia?

On Apr 7, 9:25 am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way
d0t com
Don't assume anything for sure, until you sit down
and talk it over with an AME. He's the man, not only to acess...