Kawa rough landing? by Jonathan St. Cloud
Not sure how accurate FB translate is, but it appear as if Mr. Kawa had some sort of incident with an electric motor not working and a rough uphill landing. Gas, electric or jet be careful guys!
by krasw Go to last post
48 401 Soaring
Discus a price reduced by Will Jameson
Discus a SN63 price reduced to $28,000 Located in Syracuse, NY https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=3596 Thanks Will Jameson 713-705-7051
Today 06:08 AM
by 2G Go to last post
4 12 Soaring
LS6 (a, b) NEO by [email protected]
Hello, here is a post of my friend Benjamin from the German gliding forum: "Hello, everybody, about three years ago a friend and I had the chance to develop new ("neo") 15m winglets for the LS8 in cooperation with DG Flugzeugbau. The flight experience with the winglets is quite positive. Now...
Today 06:07 AM
by Veli-Matti Karppinen Go to last post
1 13 Soaring
Act now before your wings are defaced by [email protected]
Sorry, eh? I am sorry to interrupt your normally highly productive use of the internet. But your glider is at risk. It is only time separating you from the obvious damage coming to your aircraft soon. When I bought my first glass ship, the competition letters had been applied with EXTENSIVE use of...
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
22 118 Soaring
A wooden control stick grip by Tom BravoMike
The grip in my 1984 Ventus is worn out and a bit sticky. I have always thought it would be nice to have a wooden one, e.g.: https://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/elpages/taeakwoodgripstandard.php Anyone has tried something like that? Are they much bigger/thicker than the factory ones? BTW, which...
by Scott Williams Go to last post
12 63 Soaring
another crash by kinsell
https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article234517642.html Seems to be an unusually bad season for accidents.
by 2G Go to last post
87 463 Soaring
Waxing and polishing by Senna Van den Bosch
Since winter is nearly ending and I'm doing final adjustments to my glider, I was wondering. Is it interesting to wax and polish it? I've seen a set of products he https://www.theaerodyne.com/gb/care-cleaning/188-basic-kit-for-glider-care.html D-1339
by Tim Taylor Go to last post
31 337 Soaring
Pawnee Tow Release by Bob Youngblood
I am currently rebuilding another Pawnee and converting from a spray plane to a tow plane. Extensive work has been completed on this bird, and I am about ready to install the tow hook. This is the third Pawnee that I have converted and I have used the hopper dump handle as the tow release handle...
by Charles Longley Go to last post
28 259 Soaring
Any Glider Pilot Connections with Beale AFB in California by Paul Remde
Hi, This is completely off-topic, but I thought there might be a chance that a glider pilot would have a connection with Beale Air Force Base in California. My father served in the U.S. Air Force in a missile silo on or near Beale in the early 1960s. We're visiting that area with him this week...
Today 12:22 AM
by Giaco Go to last post
3 30 Soaring
New gliderport opportunity in North Carolina by [email protected]
Dear Soaring Enthusiasts, Rhonda and I have been running GLIDERBOOKS now for over 12 years, and the company is healthy and continuing to grow. We are interested in taking things to the next level, by purchasing an airport and opening our own flight training school that would concentrate on...
Today 12:10 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
1 17 Soaring
Ventus C vs LS6 by Marshall Woodford
I’m looking for a cross county glider. The Ventus C comes with 17.5 and 15 winglets. It also has factory tips. The LS6 has low hours and the wings and horizontal stab was refinished and painted. The fuselage is in good condition and original. Both have Cobra trailers and the Ventus’s...
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
11 236 Soaring
Open Cirrus for sale by Geoff Minors
Just seeing if there is any interest in my Open Cirrus? Located in Alberta. Price US$13,000 Glider is in good shape. Trailer is a bit ugly needs some work but towable. I can send pics on request. I just don't get the opportunity to fly it as I seem to be always in the back seat instructing. I...
Yesterday 06:27 PM
by Geoff Minors Go to last post