Search: Posts made by: IA DPE
Forum: Soaring March 5th 17, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Minooka Accident?

I believe that ship sold on W&W just a few months ago, as I called about it.
Forum: Soaring April 28th 16, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
LS3a vs Pegasus

I really wanted a Pegase, but I weigh 225 lbs, and best as I can tell by the POH, max pilot weight of a 101 is 185. This is max weight of non lifting surfaces minus empty weight.

If someone can show...
Forum: Soaring April 17th 16, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

Any word if the U.S. FAA is working to accept the Romanian Service Bulletin extending the Service Life?
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 16, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
(US) New Process for Student Pilot Certificate Issue

I sense this may be a control issue and the FAA not trusting the CFI's with the responsibility and authority they earned. What is not so simple is to get the FAA to go along with this so the...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 16, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Wing Frequency measuring app

In order for this to be recorded in the aircraft logbook, it would have to be a FAA approved measuring device, right?

While I can see some value in knowing this reading, there would have to be...
Forum: Soaring February 4th 16, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Used Sailplanes for sale & On Display at the 2016 SSA Convention

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 2:52:00 PM UTC-6, SF wrote:
The following used sailplanes will be on display for sale at the 2016 SSA convention in Greenville, SC Feb. 18,19,20

(2) Discus
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 16, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
For Sale: Softie Parachute

Link didn't work.
Forum: Soaring January 1st 16, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Is Soaring Cafe dead (or comatose)?

If you do a search, you'll see a thread from last March this same topic.
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 15, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Winter Care

Rattlesnakes... Like :)

I've heard of guys in colder climates putting a small heater in the trailer of their fiberglass glider during the winter.

What are everyone's thoughts on that? Is it...
Forum: Soaring November 12th 15, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Glider PPG license necessary for USA utility certificated motorglider?

Actually Utility is probably what you want.

In the powered world anyway, a Utility aircraft generally can do more maneuvers than a Normal one. IE, if your weight and CG are in the Utility envelope,...
Forum: Soaring November 6th 15, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
Oxygen regulators, medical type

Perhaps a session in an altitude chamber would change your mind cheap equipment and flying at altitude. The onset of loss of consciousness is incipient- you feel so good you don't even...
Forum: Soaring April 9th 15, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
German-Wings Copilot

It's not that I like slow news so much as accurate.

These people look for any nugget of information (though not always fact checked) which is promptly disseminated as the gospel. I'd rather hear...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 15, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By IA DPE
German-Wings Copilot

I find it repulsive how the "facts," as they are "known" today, are presented daily if not hourly.

As opposed to waiting until the whole picture is known, they provide sound bites for the media so...