Search: Posts made by: Waveguru
Forum: Soaring June 8th 21, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

I am 68, I have many thousands of hours in gliders and I fly many hours every week.

Boggs
Forum: Soaring June 8th 21, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

Can we get any details on the pilot, like age, currency, and number of hours PIC?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring June 7th 21, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

Can anybody give us any more information on this crash? Minor damage, but the pilot died?

A private Schweizer SGS 1-35, glider, registration N2878H, impacted the terrain shortly after tow release...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 21, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

Yes, theirs very little on OLC..... You would think at the National Contest their would be better coverage..../s

Boggs
Forum: Soaring May 25th 21, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Nano 4 for sale $575

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 5:55:40 AM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
Nano 4 for sale. Like new. Original box and cables. Located in MA. $575
Gregg
I'll take it. ...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Starter Ship FS

Oh man, a plywood glider stored in a metal trailer outside.... what could go wrong?

In Oregon.....

Boggs
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Starter Ship FS

Where is Lenny when we need him?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Weglide Recover Password

It must be so reassuring to know that all that secret information is secure on your Weglide account, eh?
Forum: Soaring March 18th 21, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Groundloop accident at the Senior Contest

Good for you Nick. Having things or people to the sides and in front of the launching gliders is very bad.

Boggs
Forum: Soaring January 24th 21, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
What is your go-to meal on long flights?

I never eat in the glider because invariably you leave crumbs and traces of food that then attract critters into your glider.

Boggs
Forum: Soaring January 13th 21, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
First glider Nimbus 2 ?

Does anybody remember Lenny The Lurker......?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring January 12th 21, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Join Us In Vero Beach

Are you expecting many women to join your Safari this March?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring December 11th 20, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
HYPOXIA

This is in response to the paraglider missing thread. Many pilots all over the world underestimate the effects of hypoxia and think that they are the exception to the rules. This ferry pilot...
Forum: Soaring December 1st 20, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Identifying a Canopy Blank's Glider Model

Have you contacted Van's?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring November 23rd 20, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Wanted enclosed trailer

What is your location? Those wings are pretty wide and probably won't fit in a lot of trailers. I have a trailer but I doubt it is tall enough. I'm in Arizona.

Boggs
Forum: Soaring November 10th 20, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
midair in Bay Area Nov 7

Glider-tow plane collisions happens every few years. This is the reason that at our operation, when the glider releases, he makes a slight turn to the right, and announces that he has released, and...
Forum: Soaring November 10th 20, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
midair in Bay Area Nov 7

I wonder if they were at least talking to each other? Ramy, were you hearing anything on the radio? Anyone else?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring November 3rd 20, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Old Folks Poll

My CG.....

Boggs
Forum: Soaring October 25th 20, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
The Apology

I believe that a person has a choice to be offended or not. I don't believe that it is acceptable to call people names. It is a lazy way to debate an issue.

“The more easily you get offended, the...
Forum: Soaring October 24th 20, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
The Apology

"When we believe or say we have been offended, we usually mean we feel insulted, mistreated, snubbed, or disrespected. And certainly clumsy, embarrassing, unprincipled, and mean-spirited things do...
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 20, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
for the amateur meteorologists, question.

Waves aren't always generated by hills or mountains, sometimes the air bounces off of another air mass.

Boggs
Forum: Soaring October 20th 20, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
for the amateur meteorologists, question.

Or some kind of traveling wave?

Boggs
Forum: Soaring October 7th 20, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
As heard on 123.3........

JJ, I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, you should write a book...

Boggs
Forum: Soaring October 4th 20, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
inverted Schweizer towhook

Rick Brown at the Pleasant Valley Airport in Peoria, Arizona knows. I don't know if he will help you tho.....

Boggs
Forum: Soaring September 18th 20, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Waveguru
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

Sorry to say they found his body. Not much info at this time:

It is with great relief and deep sorrow that we share that James has been found, departed peacefully at rest under a tree. At this time...