Search: Posts made by: Tim Taylor
Forum: Soaring January 10th 20, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Women's Worlds

Thank goodness for a rest day. I need some sleep.
Forum: Soaring January 5th 20, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Women's Worlds

Local procedures show a 45 minute requirement to turn in logs. First few days can be hectic before everyone gets in the groove. After landing it becomes a crews priority to get the data turned in...
Forum: Soaring January 4th 20, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Start flying with glider self launch certificate?

On Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 9:36:57 AM UTC-7, James Stauffer wrote:
Is it harder to get a first pilot certificate for glider - self launch vs.. normal powered aircraft near St. Paul, MN? It...
Forum: Soaring December 30th 19, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

The Ventus b is about 96% and the Ventus C is about 98% of the Ventus 2. They are very similar in the run, the V2 climbs better. The difference in the Ventus b versus c was mostly in the wing root...
Forum: Soaring December 30th 19, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
What is the "x"

The x was similar but different for the a/b versus the c.

On the a/b it included: 1. New horizontal that was thinner. 2. Sharper leading edge on the vertical. 3. Maughmer 1 winglet to replace the...
Forum: Soaring December 29th 19, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

The Ventus 2 has a much softer wing than the Ventus a/b/c and the 27. It is very nice with or without water compared to the earlier Venti.
Forum: Soaring December 24th 19, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
PU Paint + Electric motor

Emir,

I think you would have a very good business opportunity. If you could do ASW27, ASG29, and Venti you would have a great amount of interest. I think critical to the business plan would be...
Forum: Soaring December 8th 19, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Filling small holes in panel?

On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 5:39:40 PM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:24:07 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:
Will bondo work?

Bondo might work, but is brittle....
Forum: Soaring December 8th 19, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Filling small holes in panel?

On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:24:07 PM UTC-7, soaringjac wrote:
Will bondo work?

Bondo might work, but is brittle. You might want to look at an epoxy based filler that would be more flexible...
Forum: Soaring December 5th 19, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Schempp-Hirth gliders for sale on W&W

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:19:00 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 8:54:50 AM UTC-7, Roy B. wrote:
On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 3:47:51 PM UTC-5, John...
Forum: Soaring December 5th 19, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Fairing kit Wing Root for Ventus b

Where are you located? I have one set.
Forum: Soaring December 1st 19, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Updating Avionics - How I Remember What's What!

On Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 7:34:49 AM UTC-7, BobWa43 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 1:47:17 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 9:13:31 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa...
Forum: Soaring November 25th 19, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Cobra Trailer Fenders

"The NHTSA recommends that tires be replaced every six years regardless of the number of miles driven. Proper inflation is the Holy Grail of tire maintenance. Too much or too little air in your tires...
Forum: Soaring November 25th 19, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Instrument tubing Y splitter

Search for 3/16”...
Forum: Soaring November 24th 19, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Cobra Trailer Fenders

On Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 3:43:09 AM UTC-7, Patrick McMahon wrote:
Hey all, I trailered a (new to me and a partner) glider from Ontario to Alberta last week and through the trip blew out...
Forum: Soaring October 29th 19, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Updating Avionics - How I Remember What's What!

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 9:13:31 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Updating files/firmware on my avionics should be easy. Then why is it so hard?

Heck,...
Forum: Soaring October 17th 19, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll Now Open

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 2:05:51 PM UTC-6, Tango Eight wrote:
On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 9:06:47 PM UTC-4, Andy Blackburn wrote:
Popping the survey notification up in the stack....
Forum: Soaring October 6th 19, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
What happened to Pez D Spencer Sailplane Racing Pilot?

On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 11:41:37 AM UTC-6, Nick Kennedy wrote:
AHH
There we go
Thanks Tango Tango
Tango

We need to build a F.A.Q for P.D.S. I know many of the people, but we should...
Forum: Soaring October 5th 19, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
What happened to Pez D Spencer Sailplane Racing Pilot?

Try:

http://pezdspencer.com/

Best comic for Soaring ever. So many inside jokes if you know the people and places.
Forum: Soaring October 4th 19, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll Now Open

While John and Hank have written an interesting white paper, it appears to have some significant misunderstanding of how the differences in the rules actually work. The FAI scoring does not...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 19, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Waxing and polishing - Polisher?

Porter-Cable is the standard. Here is a good list.

https://www.garagetooladvisor.com/auto/best-car-buffer/
Forum: Soaring September 14th 19, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
A wooden control stick grip

I had a wooden one similar to the link in a Ventus b. It was ok, but I found it a little large. I tend to fly holding the stick in several different ways depending on the conditions. The wooden...
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 19, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Need Another Cobra Trailer Wheel

Chip,

They were on the trailer when I bought the plane. I have made many trips across the country without any issues. I believe the dish of the wheels is deeper so it does not add significant...
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 19, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Need Another Cobra Trailer Wheel

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9:45:23 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I need a wheel for an older (ca 1992) Cobra trailer: 13 x 4 1/2 wheel with a J flange manufactured 9-91 (the stampings...
Forum: Soaring September 2nd 19, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Ghost glider

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 11:50:54 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have not visited this site in several years.
Several years ago an abandoned and decaying glider was spotted in the...