Search: Posts made by: Steve - KDMW
Forum: Owning July 2nd 09, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Panel lights breaker pops

Has anyone seen this?...1974 Warrior panel lights don't come on, and
when I turn the rheostat past a certain point (almost full bright) the
panel lights breaker pops. I'm thinking it's the power...
Forum: Owning November 10th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
GPSMAP 396 won't acquire sats

On Nov 2, 10:57*am, Mike Spera wrote:
Out of warranty (naturally) 396 has started acting flaky. It sits there
with the incorrect time and date and will not acquire...
Forum: Owning October 7th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Adhesive Recommendation?

One of the rubber pads came off one of my rudder pedals the other day.
Anybody have a good adhesive they can recommend for rubber to metal?

Steve
PA28-151
KDMW
Forum: Owning September 18th 08, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Overhaul !!!!! ??????

On Sep 17, 2:41*pm, Charles Talleyrand wrote:
My local mechanic says that I need to overhaul my engine. *It's got
1200 hours but it's been 27 years since the last overhaul....
Forum: Owning June 28th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
HID Lighting Questions

On Jun 28, 12:02*pm, "
wrote:
On Jun 27, 7:40*pm, Steve - KDMW wrote: Some questions on HID lighting. I have a 1974 PA28-151...
Forum: Owning June 28th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
HID Lighting Questions

On Jun 28, 10:27*am, The Visitor
wrote:
No the hid's might not fit in a space for an incandescent par36.
The high voltage connector/plug is a complication and...
Forum: Owning June 28th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
HID Lighting Questions

Some questions on HID lighting. I have a 1974 PA28-151 and would like
to replace my landing light (cowl mounted) with an HID light. I know
about the boom beams, but I also see that Precise Flight...
Forum: Owning April 17th 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Compass trouble

On Apr 17, 9:15*am, Jay Somerset wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 02:03:18 GMT, (Drew

Dalgleish) wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:19:27...
Forum: Owning April 13th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
ΑΠ: ZAON XRX Problem

On Apr 12, 4:16*pm, "G. Paleologopoulos"
wrote:
"Morgans" ....

"Steve - KDMW"...
Forum: Owning April 12th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
ZAON XRX Problem

Anyone seen this?...

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
it on, all I got on the display was a light gray solid square. It
never got as
far as the ZAON...
Forum: Owning February 21st 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Post-Annual Flight

On Feb 21, 12:15*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
How were you able to fly in the meantime? A plane is not airworthy
without a working fuel gauge for each tank (91.205b9)....
Forum: Piloting February 21st 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Post-Annual Flight

On Feb 21, 12:15*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
How were you able to fly in the meantime? A plane is not airworthy
without a working fuel gauge for each tank (91.205b9)....
Forum: Owning December 27th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
So Whudj'all get for Christmas?

On Dec 25, 10:19*pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
For the plane, of course... *;-)

It was a year for tools, for me. *Mary gave me a way cool mini-tool
kit, in a quality carrying...
Forum: Owning September 22nd 07, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Cover thoughts

On Sep 21, 12:09 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
My current cover (Bruce's Custom) on the Sundowner is wearing out.

I currently have the extended version that reaches all the way...
Forum: Owning July 11th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
EAA Fly-In

On Jul 10, 11:19 am, "Montblack" Y4_NOT!...
wrote:
("tony roberts" wrote)

Leaving in a few hours for the EAA Pacific Northwest Aviation Fly-In at
Arlington...
Forum: Owning June 27th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Removing Narco Radios

On Jun 26, 8:41 pm, Mike Spera wrote:
Steve - KDMW wrote:
I know to remove a Narco radio (Com 810) there is a hole and you
insert a key... kind of like opening a...
Forum: Owning June 26th 07, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Removing Narco Radios

I know to remove a Narco radio (Com 810) there is a hole and you
insert a key... kind of like opening a CD-ROM tray with it powered
off. So, my question is, if I don't have this key, what makes a...
Forum: Owning June 17th 07, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Changing LC2 Battery

I need to change the battery in my Astrotech LC2 clock. I've never
done this before and I can't find anything about it on line. Do I have
to pull the whole darn thing out to change the...
Forum: Owning June 5th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Intercom Problem with New Radio

On Jun 3, 10:48 pm, mikem wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:28 pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:

I got ahold of a KA-134 schematic and discovered that there is...
Forum: Owning June 4th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Intercom Problem with New Radio

On Jun 3, 2:54 am, mikem wrote:
On Jun 1, 7:35 pm, mikem wrote:

On Jun 1, 5:03 pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:

Another...
Forum: Owning June 3rd 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Jun 3, 2:54 am, mikem wrote:
On Jun 1, 7:35 pm, mikem wrote:

On Jun 1, 5:03 pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:

Another...
Forum: Owning June 2nd 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Jun 1, 9:35 pm, mikem wrote:
On Jun 1, 5:03 pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:

Another tidbit of info. The intercom comes back to normal if the
Forum: Owning June 2nd 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Intercom Problem with New Radio

On May 30, 11:54 am, "RST Engineering"
wrote:
Agreed. Good place to start.

Jim

"mikem" wrote in message

Forum: Owning May 30th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Intercom Problem with New Radio

On May 30, 10:42 am, mikem wrote:
On May 29, 6:30 am, Steve - KDMW wrote:

They indicated that they did an exact wire-for-wire swap with...
Forum: Owning May 29th 07, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Steve - KDMW
Intercom Problem with New Radio

On May 28, 1:36 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions. The COM 120 was wired to the COM 2 input
of the audio panel (KMA-134)

You really need...