Search: Posts made by: Gig 601XL Builder
Forum: Home Built December 13th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Radios, Intercoms & Inputs.

As my name implies I'm building a Zenith 601XL. The avionics I'm planning on
are as follows...

Garmin SL40
and a Garmin 496.

I know that the SL40 has a built in intercom and I assume it is good...
Forum: Piloting December 12th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
FAA LPV/LNAV Status Page

Marco Leon wrote:
Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the
repost if I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 12th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
FAA LPV/LNAV Status Page

Marco Leon wrote:
Haven't seen this posted yet and not hits on Google (sorry for the
repost if I missed it).

For those wondering where their nearest WAAS approach procedure is:

Forum: Piloting December 12th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Why are people ignoring the ADS-B Out NPRM?

Newps wrote:
Ron Lee wrote:

The current Garmin unit is in the $8000-9000 range installed and may
or may not meet the requirements of the NPRM. The FAA projected cost
is around...
Forum: Piloting December 12th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Multi time building Q

Denny wrote:
Does that mean if Fred (rated pilot) goes flying with me and we both
watch for traffic and he follows the GPS on a nav chart, I cannot log
PIC because I was not 'soley' responsible...
Forum: Piloting December 12th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Night currency question

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

Hmmm, maybe you should look at the subject line. Maybe.

Thread...
Forum: Piloting December 12th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Why are people ignoring the ADS-B Out NPRM?

wrote:
Guys-
I think you might want to check out www.aveoengineering.com

I did and a search of the phrase "ADS-B" on their website gets the reply
below. So what does this...
Forum: Piloting December 11th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Mid-Air over the Everglades a.k.a. FAA CIVIL RIGHTS SCAM

Kloudy via AviationKB.com wrote:

Looks like the racist troll got what he wanted.

Well if what he wanted was his response to show that he is indeed an asshat,
you are right.
Forum: Piloting December 11th 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Night currency question

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

His question was about qualifying for night ops, not about night
currency.
Forum: Piloting December 11th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Why are people ignoring the ADS-B Out NPRM?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Dec 11, 9:59 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:

Which is kind of strange because the ADS-B requirements are going to
effect a lot...
Forum: Piloting December 11th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Why are people ignoring the ADS-B Out NPRM?

Ron Lee wrote:
Presumably due to the dearth of comments that have been submitted.

Why do you presume to speak for others?

Have you visited the docket comment web site?

No.

Forum: Piloting December 11th 07, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Night currency question

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Denny" wrote in message

Same thing to carry passengers... You...
Forum: Piloting December 11th 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
From AVWeb: FAA Wants Help Eliminating Useless Rules

Have you come across something that's arcane, anachronistic or just plain
useless in your travels through the regs? Well, the FAA says it wants to
know about it. The agency has issued a Review of...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 07, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Mid-Air over the Everglades a.k.a. FAA CIVIL RIGHTS SCAM

GetErDone wrote:
The FAA is a mess
due to politically correct hiring. Period. I will never
convince you. But the FAA employees know.

Here's the problem. You act as if the FAA is the only...
Forum: Home Built December 7th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
A/W-95 Helicopter by A-B Helicopters

Richard Riley wrote:

Small helicopters are FAR harder to fly than large ones. I've had the
opportunity to fly a Blackhawk for a half hour or so, and have a dozen
hours in Robinson R-22's. ...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Gene Whitt's Lawsuit

wrote:
On Dec 1, 7:55 pm, wrote:
Anyone have a link to or a copy of the lawsuit Gene Whitt filed
against the airport that stopped freelance...
Forum: Home Built December 7th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
A/W-95 Helicopter by A-B Helicopters

ed wrote:
Is the A/W-95 Helicopter by A-B Helicopters a good design for what it
is ??? I'm thinking of building it but appreciate any advise .
Thanks ED

I'd never heard of the A/W-95 but from...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Tax bill of $26,000 for flying into US state of Maine?

Peter Clark wrote:
This story has been going on for a while, somewhere I read that they
had someone sending out bills based on IFR flight plans they pulled
from a tracking service.

If that's...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Tax bill of $26,000 for flying into US state of Maine?

Robert M. Gary wrote:

The guy is screwed. For the purpose of tax collection I believe Maine
defines a citizen as someone who spends more than 20 days/year in
Maine. It sounds like this guy...
Forum: Owning December 6th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Owner's Manual Format

Peter Dohm wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
cavelamb himself wrote:

Print your...
Forum: Home Built December 6th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Owner's Manual Format

Peter Dohm wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
cavelamb himself wrote:

Print your...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Tax bill of $26,000 for flying into US state of Maine?

Peter R. wrote:
Anyone else read the latest story in today's AvWebFlash's email
newsletter about the Massachusetts based pilot who flew his Cirrus
several times into Maine and unexpectedly...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Red Barons to fly no more...

Jay Honeck wrote:

It's always sad to see something like this come to an end. The Red
Barons and their big, loud Stearman biplanes were always fun to watch,
and my kids have grown up with...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 07, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Renter's Insurance?

Jay Honeck wrote:
Do you renters feel the need to pick up supplemental insurance? If
so who did you use and how much did it cost you?

Thanks for the timely thread. Our son, Joe, also a...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 07, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Gig 601XL Builder
Cessna sued for skydiving accident. OT rant...

Matt Whiting wrote:
Morgans wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote

Also, while you link does say, "The best temperature for brewing
coffee is between 195 F...