Landing with reduced airbrake by Richard McLean[_2_]
Hi guys, Our club is having a discussion about the merits of reducing airbrake on short final (well before the flare) in order to reduce the rate of descent on the last part of finals - in particular after using full airbrake to correct an overshoot i.e. you are still overshooting but reduce...
by Tango Eight Go to last post
34 192 Soaring
GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing by [email protected]
I'm excited to announce a new soaring app I've developed called GliderLink. The app shows your location and the location of nearby gliders on a moving map. You can see the other gliders' callsign, relative altitude, heading, and vertical speed. That's about it right now; it's very simple. The value...
by Ben Hirashima Go to last post
57 583 Soaring
Flying in Europe by [email protected]
Which countries will allow a US Glider rated pilot to fly solo without additional paperwork? Thanks In Advance -Howie
Yesterday 08:29 PM
by Craig Funston[_3_] Go to last post
7 38 Soaring
Durango, CO by [email protected]
Is the glider port still active in Durango Colorado? Asking for someone traveling through there next month who wants to get a ride
Soaring Spot by Jonathan St. Cloud
Just curious why US contests don't use Soaring Spot?
by Tango Eight Go to last post
13 43 Soaring
A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries by [email protected]
Not to start another chapter in "Battery Wars" but I have a simple question about "drop in" LiFePO4 battery replacements for SLA batteries in gliders. For years, I've used an SLA battery with the same footprint as the common glider size of 7Ah to 9Ah--i.e., 5.95" x 2.56"--except a little...
by kinsell Go to last post
48 318 Soaring
InReach Usage, SAR Insurance Plans by John Carlyle
I found a great site from a paraglider pilot explaining how he uses his InReach in back-country flying: https://www.cloudbasemayhem.com/garmin-inreach-best-practices-for-adventurers/ In my opinion it explains all the important usage information much better than does Garmin. Point 6 in his...
Yesterday 02:35 PM
by 6X Go to last post
6 62 Soaring
Best Soaring Simulator?? by Gary Emerson
Greetings, Off season (northern hemisphere) is coming. What are the top 2-3 soaring simulators or is there a clear winner? Thanks, Gary
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 09:39 AM
by Chris Wedgwood[_2_] Go to last post
30 3,715 Soaring