Search: Posts made by: Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Forum: Soaring October 5th 20, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
As heard on 123.3........

Flying out of Parowan several years ago these 2 Germans flying out of Ely Nv come up on 123.3
After a bit it sounds like there together, low, trying to dig out.
They go wall to wall for a couple of...
Forum: Soaring September 30th 20, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Grob Twin Astir getting

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 6:45:06 AM UTC-6, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 04:35 30 September 2020, RW wrote:
On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 11:30:06 AM UTC-4, Michael
Opitz wrote:
Forum: Soaring September 20th 20, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
SSA Sailplane Tracker

Ramy
What is the advantage of OGN if you have a InReach or Spot Tracker thats tied into Glideport and whoever else you want to link to?
Nick
Forum: Soaring September 18th 20, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
WANTED: Tow Out Gear and Wing Stands

Home Depot has Mitre saw stands that are serviceable for wing stands.
Go online there are some good ones in there at affordable prices
Nick
Forum: Soaring September 18th 20, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Hey There Russ Owens
Hello to you and yours!
Thanks for the response.
Question on the ASH25E
It the Rotary engine eats itself up and you drop it off at Rex's shop to fix it, whats your educated guess...
Forum: Soaring September 17th 20, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Sad news, Lake County glider crash, LAK-17B FES Mini

Has a accident report ever been released concerning this Herron accident?
Nick
Forum: Soaring September 16th 20, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Wikipedia say the Carat is 35/1
4 cyl Volkswagon like aircooled 1800cc engine.
Cannot be airstarted, must have battery power to engage the starter motor.
Nick
Forum: Soaring September 16th 20, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Best Overall Motorglider available today?

I was thinking single seat Cross Country flying
I've flown the Phoenix, too low performance, looking for at least 40/1
I've got a fair amount of time in the Stemme with Glider Bob.
Stemme is too much...
Forum: Soaring September 15th 20, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Best Overall Motorglider available today?

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 12:19:11 PM UTC-6, Dan Daly wrote:
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 1:48:13 PM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I...
Forum: Soaring September 15th 20, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one.
This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago.

When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the...
Forum: Soaring September 14th 20, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

Speculation on missing people is a bad idea. I've been involved with 3 long term searches, all 3 went way, way off the rails. Huge dedicated search teams, found all 3 eventually. In all 3 of these...
Forum: Soaring September 13th 20, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

Ah Shoot
This is sad news.
So hard on all involved.
I hope the find this pilot before too long.
I hate to say this but look for the circling birds low to the ground.
Thats how we found one of my ski...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 20, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Seeyou mobile, Skysight, Oudie and WinPilot comments

Ok.
Thats alot of stuff in one title.
I was at a camp in Salida last week and fellow Soaring pilot Doug Levy encouraged me to load up the Skysight weather on my Oudie everyday. I was using the...
Forum: Soaring July 24th 20, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
27 crash at Ely?

Ramy, When you fly from Nephi Ut to Rifle Co and back and all the way across Utah both ways, its obvious the thermals are working for you. Not against you, with you!
At the mid winter thermal...
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 20, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
27 crash at Ely?

5Z and Tango Whiskey and Hightime speak the truth.

Every Glider Pilot both Flatlanders and Mountains pilots should know this life saving, pretty basic maneuver.
If your in a loosing battle with roll...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 20, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
How accurate are the OLC AGL traces?

Like most pilots who log flights on the OLC I watch the daily flights and I like to see whats going on out in the wild blue today.

Question: How accurate are the AGL statistics at the bottom of the...
Forum: Soaring July 13th 20, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
27 crash at Ely?

I didn't know Marek Malolepszy, I wish I had, it sounds like from his friends.
RIP
This reminds me of the double fatality in Alamagordo NM a few years back where 2 very experienced Pilots, tandem...
Forum: Soaring July 9th 20, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Dittel KRT2 disfunction

John
Last year my Dittel had a similar no transmit problem.
I downloaded the user manual available online and fixed it in the troubleshooting chapter.
Do you have the manual?
Nick
Forum: Soaring July 9th 20, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
GREAT fun and scenic flight by Joe Bostic

Yes what a great flight by Joe!
Pretty quiet at cloudbase over the San Juans these days.

Val Air : Closed
Telluride: Closed
Salida: Closed
Crawford : Closed

Keep those facts in the back of your...
Forum: Soaring July 8th 20, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Wood glider outdoor storage

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 12:39:24 PM UTC-6, Sky Surfer wrote:
Random question (kinda): Can an all-wood homebuilt glider be tied down outside year-round in a dry climate (e.g., Colorado) and...
Forum: Soaring June 30th 20, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Sinus on WW for 89 K

This looks very nice, fairly new.
I don't know anything about these planes; can you soar them or do you need to be under a Cu-Nim to go XC?
Nick
Forum: Soaring June 25th 20, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Andrzei, or anyone who actually knows;
How many years has it been since GP cashed the first prepurchase check they received?
Just curious
Nick
Forum: Soaring June 24th 20, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On paper the GP-15 looks very very nice, with all the latest bells and whistles. It checks a lot of boxes off the list.
They seem to be having a major problem overcoming a major important hurtle,...
Forum: Soaring June 24th 20, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
GP 15 Jeta

Oh Kinsell
Ouch
Thats gotta hurt
Nick
Forum: Soaring June 20th 20, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
trouble transferring flight log from FLARM to Tophat

Did the storage capacity in the Nook fill up?
Or is it unlimited storage and new IGC files erase the old ones to make room.
Maybe when you downloaded that old file it just re-wrote it and didn't take...