Search: Posts made by: glidergeek
Forum: Soaring April 13th 21, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Ah, Cowardice!

That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!
Forum: Soaring February 25th 21, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Airports that have oxygen

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 10:38:04 AM UTC-8, Doug Levy wrote:
Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills...
Forum: Soaring October 29th 20, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
The Apology

This whole thread is dismal at the least, pathetic not at the most. You all have fallen victim of modern day self condemnation.
Forum: Soaring September 28th 20, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Canopy covers

On Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 4:06:16 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Canopy covers

Canopy covers for sale.
Available colors: silver, gold, blue, red and green.
+...
Forum: Soaring August 29th 20, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

Does that come with free Tows?
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 20, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Soaring already DOA for the season???

I'd think 200' of tow rope would be enough social distancing.
Forum: Soaring March 1st 20, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
AUSTRALIAN SCANDAL FROM GLIDING INTERNATIONAL MARCH 2020 ISSUE

"Tracking is a way to allow spectators to enjoy the event."
Apparently at the expense of the competitor whether they like it or not. Sounds well thought out.
Forum: Soaring December 31st 19, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Any new news about the status of Seminole?

I was thinking RAS was short for Rec Aviation Speculation. But I guess it’s short for Rec Aviation Slander.
Forum: Soaring December 23rd 19, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
trailer sway mitigation TSM

And wheelbase of the towing unit.
Forum: Soaring December 17th 19, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
trailer sway mitigation TSM

Longer wheelbase on the towing vehicle with a robust suspension.
Forum: Soaring December 14th 19, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

"Hi my name is Garret Willat, I have taken over as the US rep from M&H Soaring"

Congratulations Garret !! Good luck with your new endeavor, I wish you continued success.
Russ Barry
Forum: Soaring November 24th 19, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Cobra Trailer Fenders

Go to a RV trailer supply buy a pair of steel fenders about $35 each have them power coated attach them the same way. I did it to a 1989 Cobra trailer worked great.
Forum: Soaring November 7th 19, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
AIG salvage

Looks like the landing gear is in good shape.
Forum: Soaring November 4th 19, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Gliding risk....

"HOW CAN I BE SAFER AND MAKE BETTER DECISIONS?" Drink less booze don't smoke pot, and stay home on the couch! I forgot look both ways before you cross the street. Anything that is affected by gravity...
Forum: Soaring October 31st 19, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Gliding risk....

Here's my research. I drive alot more than I fly. I don't know 5286 glider pilots.

In 2016, 5,286 people died in motorcycle crashes, up 5.1 percent from 5,029 in 2015, according to the National...
Forum: Soaring October 18th 19, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Crows?

12 gauge aim high
Forum: Soaring October 15th 19, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Brokerage fee

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 4:56:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 7:23:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm working on the sale of a glider from a...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 19, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Howling sound when flying

Don't fly with dogs.
Forum: Soaring August 25th 19, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
FS Cambridge L-Nav & GPS 20

You guys eat your hearts out, I got the money and now Steve has a very desirable and needed LNAV and Gps 20
Forum: Soaring August 20th 19, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
FS Cambridge L-Nav & GPS 20

On Saturday, August 17, 2019 at 8:22:35 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
As subject line states L-NAV & GPS20, Vario, GPS-NAV display, Temp sensor & all cables to connect. Includes Charger for GPS20....
Forum: Soaring August 17th 19, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
FS Cambridge L-Nav & GPS 20

As subject line states L-NAV & GPS20, Vario, GPS-NAV display, Temp sensor & all cables to connect. Includes Charger for GPS20. All was functioning at time of removal....
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 19, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Ventus C, 15m vs 17.6m

Fishtailing? You mean yaw?
Forum: Soaring July 28th 19, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergeek
Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

Depends Steve...are you seeking asylum
Forum: Soaring July 27th 19, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You have to be ****ing me, you mean there are glider pilots ( at least one) that have nothing better to do than scour the OLC flights and nit pick them on RAS? And what makes it worse the OP...