The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
Js3 jet catastrophic failure. by Charlie Quebec
In the last east issue of Gliding Australia there is an incident report shown below. During the course of a cross country flight, the pilot elected to start the jet sustainer to self retrieve. The engine started normally, and the pilot tracked for the home airflield The engine failed...
by Darren Braun Go to last post
123 2,489 Soaring
new IGC-approval published by Ian Strachan[_4_]
Flarm IGC-approvals IGC-approval documents for Flarm-IGC and PowerFlarm-IGC have been updated. In the case of PowerFlarm, a variant called "Fusion" has been added. For the original Flarm-IGC model, the IGC-FLA.DLL file for validating IGC files has been updated. These documents may be accessed...
Yesterday 05:46 PM
by Ian Strachan[_4_] Go to last post
0 2 Soaring
Promoting Soaring (Among Women) | Kudos MASA! by [email protected]
Many of us were deeply disappointed with a recent post on RAS with respect to women. I felt it was very counterproductive to the goals and desires of many people to promote soaring. Instead of engaging in that sad discussion, I reflected on some of my experiences surveying clubs in my region and...
National 360? by [email protected]
I tried out a National 360 Parachute in my Ventus. Wow, it was much more comfortable then mine because of it’s thin design, the back of my head has support with the National. I want to buy a new one however National only makes 5 at a time and i can't find any dealers who have in in stock. Is...
Yesterday 02:51 AM