Search: Posts made by: Martin[_5_]
Forum: Soaring March 27th 13, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Microair M760 Intermittentent Transmit

I'd suspect the wiring before the radio's internals. I just repaired this very problem on my identical radio this weekend. It was one broken wire (mike audio ground) and one frayed wire (mike audio...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 13, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

What I'm hearing is that if I want a 1-26 trailer, I have to build it myself. I've heard it enough that I almost believe it, but I'm having trouble following the math...

- Gliders get wrecked more...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 13, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

Nobody knows of a 1-26 trailer for sale?

Martin #505
Forum: Soaring March 8th 13, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

Does anybody know of a trailer for sale for a 1-26? Preferably near Virginia, but cheggars can't be boozers.

Thanks,
Martin Gomez #505
Forum: Soaring June 16th 12, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Participation

There's some logic to that, granted.

On Jun 15, 9:01*pm, Evan Ludeman wrote:
Closer, shorter, and then I'll be interested.

That's one reason you start with local...
Forum: Soaring June 16th 12, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Participation

I am also a x-c wannabe at the moment, but second the shorter contests
suggestion. I have four weeks of vacation per year. More than most
americans. There is no way I'm going to devote two of them...
Forum: Soaring May 28th 12, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Aero-retrieve WING-RUNNER

We just take a student along in a two-place towplane. Student runs
the wing, towplane and glider take off and head for home. Student
finds his own way home...someday. It's hard in students, but...
Forum: Soaring November 7th 11, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Electronic Yaw Alarm?

That's much too simple. Who'd want to buy something effective, cheap,
light, and simple when we could complicate the daylights out of it?

It needs dual redundant digital signal processors. Ring...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 11, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
US Air Force buys 19 DG-1000 trainiers

I don't expect the USAFA to buy used, ancient gliders to teach its
cadets. I am delighted the USAF gives all cadets an exposure to
flying, and that they chose gliders as the means to do so.

And...
Forum: Soaring March 4th 11, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
New small transponder

Nope...the market is too small. I asked them at a trade show. It's
meant for UAVs. That market is small, too, in terms of volume, but
they can charge a lot...UAV makers are less price sensitive...
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 11, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
BRS chutes. Why doesn't everyone use them?

Another way to look at it...

Of all the ways we can spend dollars and pounds (of weigh) to improve
safety, is a BRS chute the most effective? Will it save the most
lives per pound (or per dollar?)
Forum: Soaring December 6th 10, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
I did it, finally!

What's the requirement in the USA to be able to carry passengers ? In the
UK, you have to be at least a BI ( Basic Instructor )

In the US, a certificate higher than student is required...that's...
Forum: Soaring November 2nd 10, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Where do main pin holes come from?

Btw, those two seat jet trainers at Mojave look like Impalas. They
are Aermacchi MB-326 built under license in South Africa. The
National Test Pilot School operates a few of them.
Forum: Soaring November 2nd 10, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Where do main pin holes come from?

That's a good way to make a one-off homebuilt. In production, they use
a jig to make sure the parts are interchangeable.

Nov 1, 7:07*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
Somebody with...
Forum: Soaring August 23rd 10, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
No ballast contest

Thanks for the replies. That clears it up.
Forum: Soaring August 22nd 10, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
No ballast contest

Here's a new guy question. The Region 4 South contest at New Castle
says it's a no ballast contest. Why is that? Is this common?

Thanks in advance
Forum: Soaring August 13th 10, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Diana-2 and overall performance discussion

Well, your English is much, much better than my Polish, so I'm not
complaining! Thank you for the comprehensive explanation.

Martin

On Aug 10, 9:10*am, HZ wrote:

snip
Forum: Soaring August 10th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Diana-2 and overall performance discussion

Could I please get more details on this life limit? Who imposes it?
And how does one find out about it before buying a used glider?
Neither the manufacturers web site nor the report in Soaring...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 10, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Region 5 North Perry, SC on NBC news

On Apr 22, 11:50*pm, Scott Alexander
wrote:

Then they put a microphone on my collar and started an interview with
me. *I tried my best to smile and do our sport...
Forum: Soaring April 18th 10, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Release from tow, good procedure?

On Apr 15, 5:59*pm, glider wrote:
Are we teaching the sailplane pilot to look for traffic to the left of
the towplane. There could be traffic just below and to the left that
Forum: Soaring April 11th 10, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
Polarized Sun Glasses and PDAs

On Apr 4, 8:47*pm, Michael Reid wrote:
Has anyone had problems seeing their PDA while flying with Polarized
lenses?

It's very iffy, and I wouldn't do it. My iPhone,...
Forum: Soaring April 1st 10, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Martin[_5_]
winglets on a 2-33?

On Mar 10, 12:30*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:
Has anyone ever put winglets on a 2-33? *or any other Schweitzer?

Is this like "how do I install an ashtray on my motorcycle?"