Tow Plane Upsets...... by Walt Connelly
I have been towing for about two and a half years and have logged over 6,500 tows. Having recently experienced a couple of rather violent glider kiting incidents, one at about 300 feet AGL I decided to investigate the experiences of other tow pilots in these circumstances. I have spent several...
Wanted Instruments by [email protected]
On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-4, wrote: Looking for used 57mm Winter altimeter and FSG71m radio. Thanks Heinz Heinz,
0 1 Soaring
ventus rigging visual clues by [email protected]
I'd appreciate hearing advice on the best visual clues for getting the wings on a Ventus 2c aligned when rigging.
EAA Webinar on Mountain Soaring this Wed April 26, 7:00-8:30pm CDT -you even get FAA Wings credit! by [email protected]
Just wanted everyone who may be interested to know that this coming Wednesday evening I will be giving a live online EAA webinar: Sailplane Mountain Flying - What is Possible? You even get FAA Wings credit if you join in. Here is a link to...
0 7 Soaring
IFR in a vintage 172 - vacuum system by Charlie Gibbs
Well, at long last I've decided to go for my instrument rating. I'm having a ball (aside from yesterday's disastrous simulator session), but now I'm facing the dilemma that every instrument student has to deal with: where to find an IFR-capable aircraft. My 1961-vintage 172B's panel has a...
Today 01:09 AM
by Charlie Gibbs Go to last post
7 528 Owning
NASA testing by Ron Gleason
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/TGALS_first_flight.html Looks like a SH fuselage with side canopy hinges. Anyone know more details?
Yesterday 11:47 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_5_] Go to last post
6 24 Soaring
MAY ISSUE - GLIDING INTERNATIONAL by [email protected]
The May issue of the magazine will be dispatched at the end of this week. The issue includes: • A report on the IGC annual conference. • The result of our approach to FAI about not providing value for the money they get from Gliding. Encouraging! • Photograph review from the annual...
0 20 Soaring
STC for 180 HP Pawnee Available by [email protected]
Converting the early 150 model to 180 hp is now available through Mike Horton of Lubbock, Texas. The STC allows for the o320 to be replace with the o360 A1A. The late Jeff Cloud had the arrangement in his tow plane and it was very good. No it is not a 235, nor should it be, but it is a very...
3 47 Soaring
Pathfinder Autopilot by BH
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 2:11:20 PM UTC-6, wrote: On Tuesday, May 30, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, BobL wrote: Can anyone tell me who manufactured the Pathfinder P2A autopilot? Greetings, I have a Pathfinder P3B still operating in a T 210. Just recently the servo...
Yesterday 06:52 PM
by BH Go to last post
0 8 Owning