Search: Posts made by: Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Forum: Home Built June 26th 20, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Capella XLS

Did you notice that you're responding to a message almost 24 years old?

Ron Wanttaja

On 6/24/2020 9:53 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, CAPELLA1...
Forum: Home Built March 8th 20, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Best reduction drive for Subaru EA-81

On 3/7/2020 1:22 PM, wrote:
On Monday, 17 April 1995 17:00:00 UTC+10, Steve Meassick wrote:
I will be installing a subaru EA-81 engine in the KR-2 that I am building...
Forum: Piloting November 2nd 18, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Just passing through

On 11/1/2018 9:31 PM, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Passing through just long enough to see if any of you are still alive and well.
Dudley Henriques

One 'r two of us. See a lot of familiar folks on...
Forum: Home Built May 1st 18, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Paul Lamar

Mr. Haas passed away due to natural causes about a year ago. He
actively flew his CH-801 as long as he was medically fit.

Ron Wanttaja
Forum: Home Built April 18th 17, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Tail wheel question

On 4/17/2017 2:24 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 11:11:11 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

This is not just an idea, this is a fact!!

Airplanes normally...
Forum: Home Built April 13th 17, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Accident at Sun and Fun?

On 4/12/2017 7:23 PM, wrote:
Can any one give me info from when my dad was killed at fun in the sun on April 12,1996. Please I need closer

This appears to be NTSB accident...
Forum: Home Built April 1st 15, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
RAH?

On 3/31/2015 6:44 PM, Richard wrote:
So is anybody doing anything worth talking about?

I did the detail design for an all wood elliptical wing that a friend
is building. Low wing single seat...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 13, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
L-18 Birddog aerobatics?

On 10/6/2013 8:07 AM, Marten Kemp wrote:
So, writing a story where a bunch of young college-age
women discover some crated L-19s in a corner of a hangar.
I'm planning that they assemble them...
Forum: Home Built August 20th 13, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt

On 8/20/2013 6:25 AM, Richard wrote:
On 8/20/2013 12:55 AM, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On 8/19/2013 4:41 AM, Richard wrote:

Anybody still BUILDING anything?

I built an ejection seat...
Forum: Home Built August 20th 13, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt

On 8/19/2013 4:41 AM, Richard wrote:

Anybody still BUILDING anything?

I built an ejection seat for my Fly Baby....

Ron Wanttaja
Forum: General Aviation May 27th 13, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Lightning arragements on a DC6B

On 5/26/2013 10:26 AM, ben brugman wrote:
Hello All,

I am searching for the lightning arragements on a DC6B, specifically the
start of the sixties for the African continent.

By lightning...
Forum: General Aviation March 30th 13, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Slip (balance) and Turn indicator

On 3/28/2013 1:13 PM, mikeaaron353 wrote:
I am not an aviator, but I have what hopefully is not a stupid
question.
I am a restoring a '80 Triumph Spitfire roadster and would like to add a
Forum: Piloting January 1st 13, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Homebuilt Question

The answer is simple: It is an Experimental Amateur-Built aircraft. It
does not have to meet any certification standards. It only has to have
the required markings and the record-keeping to show...
Forum: Piloting July 26th 12, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

On 7/24/2012 11:02 PM, Mxsmanic wrote:
John Clear writes:

I wouldn't call an Mx an old timer. He was only around for the last
bit of the life of this group.

If you mean me, I've been...
Forum: Piloting July 25th 12, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

On 7/24/2012 5:19 PM, John Clear wrote:
In ,
Edward A. wrote:
In...
Forum: Piloting July 15th 12, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
looking

On 7/15/2012 3:20 AM, darlingd wrote:
looking for information on a weird accident in chandler, Az that
happened on Oct, 25, 2005. Dr. removed son's body from plane after
crash. wondering if any...
Forum: General Aviation April 15th 12, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
When did TV's first appear on planes?

On 4/14/2012 6:54 AM, witchymand wrote:
Hi,
am really hoping someone has the answer to this as I have searched
google but to no avail. Does anyone know when televisions first
appeared on...
Forum: Owning February 19th 11, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Electrical question possible regulator / generator bad?

On 2/18/2011 2:37 PM, Robbz wrote:
hey all had a quick question. I am trying to figure out what the main
cause of a 20 amp generator fuse blowing would be. I personally feel it
is the regulator...
Forum: Home Built January 27th 11, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
How many landings will aircraft tires hold?

On 1/27/2011 4:28 AM, Oliver Arend wrote:
I know the answer is "it depends", but let's say you are in a regular
light airplane (C152, C172 ...) with "real" aircraft tires and you do
normal...
Forum: Home Built January 26th 11, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Flyability of Biplane Flying Boat

On 1/26/2011 1:32 AM, durabol wrote:
I have been working on a biplane flying boat (similar to some in the
early 1900s). Rough weight estimates a fuselage/tail/controls 200,
Rotax 503/5Gal...
Forum: Piloting December 19th 10, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Am I too old to fly?

On 12/19/2010 12:33 PM, Ed wrote:
On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:41:16 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Dec 20, 6:46 am, wrote:

BTY, if a person flying...
Forum: Home Built November 27th 10, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Death of the newsgroup.

On 11/26/2010 6:59 PM, gpabruce wrote:

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between thw groups and the
old CB radios. Remember how the old CB's started out being polite and
helpful and...
Forum: Piloting October 27th 10, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Hello From Port Aransas, on Mustang Island, TX

On 10/26/2010 11:58 PM, Jay Honeck wrote:

I have to say, I can't find too much wrong with their logic.
Especially when combined with the fact that the FAA has applied the
LSA rules completely...
Forum: Piloting October 17th 10, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Why are turbos rare?

On 10/17/2010 2:54 AM, Mxsmanic wrote:
Why do turbocharged piston props seem to be so rare/unfavored? Don't they
provide a substantial advantage over normally aspirated engines?

More expensive...
Forum: Home Built October 6th 10, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Ron Wanttaja[_2_]
Corben Baby Ace Model D

On 10/5/2010 7:02 PM, DMac wrote:
Are plans still available for this aircraft?

http://exp-aircraft.com/aircraft/ace/ace.html

Ron Wanttaja