Search: Posts made by: BTIZ
Forum: Soaring September 30th 06, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
question for the USA FAR experts out there

they could hire a model, or an actor.. to do that.. and not require a pilot
rating

wrote in message
Not...
Forum: Piloting September 28th 06, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
Stucdent Pilot PIC Time

that is the ONLY time he can log PIC, pertinent regulation references have
been posted.

BT

"William Snow" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting September 27th 06, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
Insurance

mine is with AVEMCO and they just renewed my policy last August.
what you do have to be careful of.. is they do not cover "experimental"..
your buddies RV-8
BT

"Sylvain" wrote in...
Forum: Soaring September 27th 06, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
Tow hook

have either of you tried contacting Les Schweizer?
He bought out the remaining inventory at Schweizer Aircraft

BT

wrote in message...
Forum: Owning September 27th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By BTIZ
3-blade prop?

I have flown an arrow with the 3 blade conversion.. a pronounced no
operating zone.. around 2100RPM? and a pronounced vibration when reducing
power through that range..

granted.. it's not an...
Forum: Piloting September 27th 06, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
Insurance

I carry $25K Hull coverage for the light twin I rent, it also covers for all
other aircraft.
I also carry the "standard" liability coverage.

The Flight School from which I rent, does not require...
Forum: Soaring September 26th 06, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
How to Share a Flight Recorder in a Club?

you want a technical answer.. give good details..
if we had known he was talking 302A we would have looked that one up.
everyone (most everyone) knows what a 302 is

I'm sure we all had fun.. and...
Forum: Soaring September 26th 06, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
How to Share a Flight Recorder in a Club?

Paul.. will the 302A drive a PDA in-flight with moving map?
BT

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s71...
Hi,

He's not talking about a 302, it's a...
Forum: Soaring September 26th 06, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
Night lights, night flights, OLC and records

Thanx..
I do not believe there is a "Touring Motor Glider" classification for the
US.
Just, Glider-Self Launch

BT

"Denis" wrote in message...
Forum: Owning September 25th 06, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By BTIZ
Engine dryers

the "humidity" level around here averages 0-5%.

how can it get any dryer.. I'd be afraid of drying out the oil film that
rests on the exposed metal

are we trying to keep an engine warm for the...
Forum: Owning September 25th 06, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By BTIZ
Engine dryers

sounds like the worst $450 I could spend
if you are flying every two to three weeks, and the oil temperatures are
reaching normal operating temperatures for at least 30 minutes, and the oil
changed...
Forum: Soaring September 24th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
glider ride in new england area

there was a group at the Sterling Mass airport.

http://host219.ipowerweb.com/~soargbsc/

Greater Boston Soaring Club

BT

"Robert A. Barker" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting September 24th 06, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
Best place for CG along roll axis

There has got to be a MSFS usegroup that you can ask these questions on.
Not all MSFS aircraft react the same as a real airplane

and most any real airplane will drop the nose without aft stick...
Forum: Piloting September 24th 06, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By BTIZ
Fuel tank balance

with 4 main body tanks fore to aft
2 wing tanks (1 each wing)
2 Main tanks 1 each side over each nacelle of 2 engines each (4 engines)
and 1 weapons bay tank added, #20,000# apprx
other two weapons...
Forum: Piloting September 24th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
FAA Goes after Chicago on Meigs

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land
being stolen...

Stefan

Funny.. I remember my history books telling...
Forum: Soaring September 24th 06, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
How to Share a Flight Recorder in a Club?

"ContestID67" wrote in message
Our club has recently purchased an electronic flight recorder
(Cambridge 302) to...
Forum: Piloting September 23rd 06, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
OT ?

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
Jose...
Forum: Owning September 23rd 06, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By BTIZ
Almost Taken to the cleaners!

a lot of owners/sellers have inflated values on what they think there
aircraft is worth..

A C-150 like that, the engine is 1/2 the value.. at least..

they paid that much so it must be worth that...
Forum: Soaring September 21st 06, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
Radio Communication to Start Launch

I usually use my floppy hat. We don't use a
launch marshall, but it sounds like your site uses a separate signal
person from the wing runner. Larger mirrors might help. You don't say
what...
Forum: Soaring September 21st 06, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
Radio Communication to Start Launch

Glider pilot calls.. "take up slack" and then counts down feet to a
stretched out cord, our tow pilots can see the line in the mirrors also. Tow
pilot can see the glider rudder waggle in most...
Forum: Soaring September 21st 06, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
SSA website down?

Its up now.. 7pm west coast time
BT

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in
message ...
I can't get to the SSA website. Anyone else...
Forum: Soaring September 21st 06, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
ELT EPIRB

Tom,
A friend has one for Soaring and Power flying, the discrete code assigned to
the unit (serial number idea) is registered and it gets transmitted along
with gps coordinates, so the searchers...
Forum: Soaring September 21st 06, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
ELT EPIRB

There have been a number of US accidents in the last few years that were not
found for days..
- The glider was not missed until the end of the day when he did land back
at the airport and had not...
Forum: Piloting September 19th 06, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BTIZ
Why do I Fly? (LONG)

if he started 15 minutes after sunset.. and did 8 landings.. it was very
dark for his last 3..
actually a smart way to approach the recurrency issue..

just don't log "night" time until 30 mintues...
Forum: Soaring September 19th 06, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By BTIZ
Which Two Place Club Ship?

"ContestID67" wrote in message
My home club is in the beginning stages of research on the purchase of
a new/used...