Grob Twin Astir getting "stuck" in a slip by Kenn Sebesta
I was flying my club's Twin Astir and noticed that if I put it into the deepest slip I can, by first pushing the rudder all the way to the floor and then compensating for yaw by using opposite bank, the plane doesn't come out of the slip very willingly. I have to actually put opposite rudder to get...
Today 07:42 AM
by Tango Whisky Go to last post
8 37 Soaring
New Pure Planes Display Model Kits by Paul Remde
Hi, Please check-out the new Pure Planes display model kits. www.pureplanes.us https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/store/pure-planes • 180+ different model kits available • Very easy to build - no painting required • Make Great Gifts (for towpilots, instructors, etc.)
Today 06:13 AM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
0 3 Soaring
Soaring Graphic Design by John Seaborn[_3_]
Does anyone know of a good graphic design person for some contest related logo work?
Today 05:49 AM
by Patrick (LS6-b EH) Go to last post
2 11 Soaring
Global commercial aviation by Geoff Rove
On Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 4:31:33 PM UTC-5, wrote: Geoff Rove wrote: Bringing COVID virus to your town since 2019. Way to go! And what brought the Black Death to Europe, Asia and Africa in the 14th Century? -- Jim...
1 6 Piloting
Rope Breaks (Grilling sacred cows) by [email protected]
Does anybody have a first hand account of a rope break in which a canopy was factually damaged because the pilot did not make an immediate turn to the left or right? Please note:This is not my theory. I am only relating what is being taught at a particular club (not the club where I fly now).
Landing on the Hudson is cool. Check this out by Doug Levy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlkCofOyxUA
by 2G Go to last post
11 60 Soaring
InReach SE for sale by Ty Miller
Asking $150 USD Very good condition. PM if interested
Yesterday 11:50 PM
by Ty Miller Go to last post
0 8 Soaring
LS6 (a, b) NEO by [email protected]
Hello, here is a post of my friend Benjamin from the German gliding forum: "Hello, everybody, about three years ago a friend and I had the chance to develop new ("neo") 15m winglets for the LS8 in cooperation with DG Flugzeugbau. The flight experience with the winglets is quite positive. Now...
by Lukas Go to last post
16 368 Soaring
Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
72 340 Soaring
First Commercial-Grade Aircraft Flies On Hydrogen Fuel Cells by Larry Dighera
"It uses solar energy to drive electrolytic converters to produce gaseous hydrogen for use in the cold fuel cells" Hey, I've heard that approach to electric motive power someplace before. :-) Like Jim said in another message thread, hydrogen research was done extensively decades ago. But the...
1 16 Piloting
1970s glider operation Henderson NV by Jim S
I know there are many longtime glider pilots here, so maybe additional information is out there on this. I have a tow plane and glider that I fly on weekends and the inspiration originally started with a glider ride for me, a 7 year old kid back in the 70s. The airfield was in Henderson Nevada...
Yesterday 03:35 PM
by Jim S Go to last post
2 44 Soaring
PowerFLARM bug loading FLARMnet DB file into Butterfly by Dave Nadler
Hi All - FLARM have confirmed they have a PowerFLARM bug loading FLARMnet DB file into Butterfly traffic display. The bug is processing a Butterfly DB (BFN) file with a long filename. Rename the BFN to something with only 8.3 file name (ie 12345678.BFN) and PowerFLARM will correctly load the BFN...
Yesterday 03:00 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
Tow plane wanted by Ramy[_2_]
NCSA (Byron, CA) is looking for a tow plane (Pawnee preferable) in good shape. If you have one or know of one please respond here or directly. Thanks Ramy
Standard Libelle tail dolly needed - USA by John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
Just purchased #212, but no dolly. Appreciate the help.
Yesterday 01:22 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post